Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
And I said Micronesian because thats what you really mean. Melanesians are black. And if you believe that most people in Manila are black, then you're seriously dumb and need to stop talking
you trying to say this isnt melanesian??

btw I think you have no idea what micronesians really look like...your probably thinking of filipino migrants in guam

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
I've noticed this too, I guess many centuries of trade and migration have led to a variety of different ethnic groups assimilating into the Malay culture. Quite a few Malays look like they have Chinese, Arab or Indian influence to their looks it seems.

Someone like Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (wife of Anwar Ibrahim) is an example of a Malay who could easily pass off as Chinese.
She has Peranakan heritage.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
you trying to say this isnt melanesian??

btw I think you have no idea what micronesians really look like...your probably thinking of filipino migrants in guam
No, they look more like Micronesians...

Marshallese (the part of Micronesia furthest from the Philippines, never part of the Spanish East Indies)

Melanesian (these are kids, but Melanesians are big people, not short like the Manila pic you posted)

I could see how you might think that typical people in Manila look like the first pic, because many do, but they're not typical, as you say (many Visayans look like them as well, see video, see pics I've posted) But are you really trying to convince us that typical Manila people look like the second pic?? That's typical nowhere in the Philippines except for the few areas where Aeta/Atis/Dumagats dominate

Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
No, they look more like Micronesians...

Marshallese (the part of Micronesia furthest from the Philippines, never part of the Spanish East Indies)

Melanesian

I could see how you might think that typical people in Manila look like the first pic, because many do, but they're not typical, as you say (many Visayans look like them as well, see video, see pics I've posted) But are you really trying to convince us that typical Manila people look like the second pic?? That's typical nowhere in the Philippines except for the few areas where Aeta/Atis/Dumagats dominate

the only people from visayas who look like manilenos are called Atis...they and their hybrid descendants are a minority

actually I dont see many micronesian looking people either
most visayans I know look bornean or malay
similar to this

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 12:59 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM

^ same ol BS...

I can post pics and videos too. And I did. What about those Visayans who look Micronesian in the video? What are they? And not every single Manila person in the video (who wasn't upper-class) looked Micronesian, maybe 1 did.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
^ same ol BS...

I can post pics and videos too. And I did. What about those Visayans who look Micronesian in the video? What are they? And not every single Manila person in the video (who wasn't upper-class) looked Micronesian, maybe 1 did.
actually none of the visayans looked micronesian...dont mistake skin color for race

anyways random shot of visayans riding a motor in western visayas
Hardcore Street | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

random shot of street tagalog

Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
actually none of the visayans looked micronesian...dont mistake skin color for race

anyways random shot of visayans riding a motor in western visayas
Hardcore Street | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Filipinos try to pronounce an American's Name - YouTube

Guy at :22, man at :31, man at 33, guy at :51, and some of the kids at 1:30 could blend in with those Marshallese kids easily. A hell of a lot easier than with Southern Chinese or even Vietnamese

So tell me, which people in the Manila video look Micronesian or Melanesian?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:

Filipinos try to pronounce an American's Name - YouTube

Guy at :22, man at :31, man at 33, guy at :51, and some of the kids at 1:30 could blend in with those Marshallese kids easily. A hell of a lot easier than with Southern Chinese or even Vietnamese

So tell me, which people in the Manila video look Micronesian or Melanesian?
just because they dont look chinese doesnt mean they look micronesian

the guy in 22 31 and 33 no.....
anyways those people you pointed out were the minority in that video

most of the people in that video looked similar to this guy

these are micronesians...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
just because they dont look chinese doesnt mean they look micronesian
anyways those people you pointed out were the minority in that video

these are micronesians...
So are the Marshallese kids that I posted, and they're even further away from the Philippines than the Pohnpei people in your pics.

Other people, from that same island, Pohnpei

The people that I mentioned in the Visayan video could easily blend-in with them. So could many many people in Manila and the rest of the Philippines

And like I said, which people in the Manila video look Melanesian? or even Micronesian like the pics above??

Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
So are the Marshallese kids that I posted, and they're even further away from the Philippines than the Pohnpei people in your pics.

Other people, from that same island, Pohnpei

The people that I mentioned in the Visayan video could easily blend-in with them. So could many many people in Manila and the rest of the Philippines

And like I said, which people in the Manila video look Melanesian? or even Micronesian like the pics above??

maybe it has to do with the fact that Samar is near micronesia....maybe Samar has taken in some micronesian settlers
the only guy who could blend in was guy in 51

but in all honesty most visayans dont look micronesian

A DAY IN THE LIFE- DECEMBER 24,2012 - YouTube

and many tagalogs do look like melanesians

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia