Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,586,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Many Malays in Singapore and Malaysia also look kind of East Asian, dunno if it's mixture or some are naturally like this like the Javanese. You can't always tell apart Malays and Chinese.
I've noticed this too, I guess many centuries of trade and migration have led to a variety of different ethnic groups assimilating into the Malay culture. Quite a few Malays look like they have Chinese, Arab or Indian influence to their looks it seems.

Someone like Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (wife of Anwar Ibrahim) is an example of a Malay who could easily pass off as Chinese.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
^ I'd be surprised if she doesn't have any Chinese ancestry, or maybe she uses a lot of skin whitening cream. No full-blooded Malay can be that pale.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I said east asian look would be more common in visayas then in southern luzon/Greater Metro Manila
like you said EA looking people in Manila are only found amongst the upperclass...

okay Im going to try to be more simple for you
I consider the true manilenos to be not even malay(western indonesians, peninsular malays)....they seem to be more melanesian in phenotype

while visayans range from looking malay to EA...regardless of economic class

old filipino movie about eastern visayan family- anak ni waray
I dont care about your damn pictures. I posted videos and i doubt that the guy who made them had a racial agenda like you do. And even most of the people in the Manila video who lived in the slums still didn't look Melanesian, as you say. One, maybe. But so did several people in the Samar video.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
^ I'd be surprised if she doesn't have any Chinese ancestry, or maybe she uses a lot of skin whitening cream. No full-blooded Malay can be that pale.
well visayans/borneans are related to malays.....and we can get pretty pale...

so it wouldnt be hard to believe a malay can get that pale

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I dont care about your damn pictures. I posted videos and i doubt that the guy who made them had a racial agenda like you do. And even most of the people in the Manila video who lived in the slums still didn't look Melanesian, as you say. One, maybe. But so did several people in the Samar video.
again I am talking about the original tagalogs

picture of original visayans

maybe those people who did not look melanesian are from a different area of the Philippines who settled in manila...

picture of modern day visayans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/topmedic/8328096083/

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 09:59 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
well visayans/borneans are related to malays.....and we can get pretty pale...

so it wouldnt be hard to believe a malay can get that pale
This girl looks more Chinese than most Chinese (if that makes sense lol). Obviously mixed. I highly doubt any native Filipino can get as pale as the Muslim woman.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
again I am talking about the original tagalogs

picture of original visayans

maybe those people who did not look melanesian are from a different area of the Philippines who settled in manila...

picture of modern day visayans

Hardcore Street | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How do you know who is original and who's not? How do you know who originated in Manila and who came from elsewhere? You don't. Again, many of those people in the Samar video looked like what you'd call "Melanesian" actually Micronesian because Melanesian is black. How do you explain them? These people are all over the Philippines, in Manila and the Visayas.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
How do you know who is original and who's not? How do you know who originated in Manila and who came from elsewhere? You don't. Again, many of those people in the Samar video looked like what you'd call "Melanesian" actually Micronesian because Melanesian is black. How do you explain them? These people are all over the Philippines, in Manila and the Visayas.
I didnt say micronesian...I said melanesian...anyways so called micronesians may actually just be luzon transplants...you know how many filipinos settled in marinaras/guam

that picture of those tagalogs look melanesian or black

Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
This girl looks more Chinese than most Chinese (if that makes sense lol). Obviously mixed. I highly doubt any native Filipino can get as pale as the Muslim woman.
that girl is native filipina..aka visayan
you even think she looks pale...so its very possible that many filipinos can get as pale as that muslim woman

more picttures of light skinned malays

even muslims in mindanap philippines can get light

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I didnt say micronesian...I said melanesian...anyways so called micronesians may actually just be luzon transplants...you know how many filipinos settled in marinaras/guam

that picture of those tagalogs look melanesian or black
And I said Micronesian because thats what you really mean. Melanesians are black. And if you believe that most people in Manila are black, then you're seriously dumb and need to stop talking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia