Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,643,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebs View Post

I should mention I'm not trying to say anything bad about Harrison or Arkansas in case anyone interprets it that way. I just wanted to share my perspective on the OP. Anyone else seeing what I'm talking about?
It is obvious to me that the OP and the guy holding the sign were both trying to bait us.
Not sure about the rest of what you wrote.

This thread is probably not useful for discussing deep philosophical ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 05:17 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
TRex2, I like what you are saying. It won't let me rep you on anything though, so I'll just say it in a post.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:31 PM

17,788 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Based on eddie gein's posting history, he won't be back. Hit and run trolling.

But I went back to the beginning of the thread and there was a billboard behind the guy in the opening scene. Doesn't much matter. What I said about those organizations still stands. Interesting for a while, but nothing worthwhile in the long run.
I'm still here you 'ole prehistoric beast. And hey, you ate other dinosaurs. You have no room to criticize me.

I just think it's interesting that with all the enmity directed at this guy on the thread for his BLM sign.... nobody noticed that billboard. I suppose he could have picked that sport randomly but I wouldn't think so.

Just thought it was kind of funny that he did that... but I realize you T Rex's aren't usually of jovial temperament.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm still here you 'ole prehistoric beast. And hey, you ate other dinosaurs. You have no room to criticize me.

I just think it's interesting that with all the enmity directed at this guy on the thread for his BLM sign.... nobody noticed that billboard. I suppose he could have picked that sport randomly but I wouldn't think so.

Just thought it was kind of funny that he did that... but I realize you T Rex's aren't usually of jovial temperament.
You are correct about my temperament, especially on these kinds of issues. Wrong about my room, however. I recently rearranged my office, just to give me more elbow room while I type these scathing replies.

No one on here mentioned the sign because no one on here looks for a reason to bring up the color of someone's skin. None of us would have noticed the guy with the sign, either, if we had driven by him. The only reason we discussed it was that the guy with the sign was brought to our attention.

I have no use, nor any time to give, to racism. Whether it be whites hating blacks like the billboard, or hatred of whites, like the guy holding the sign. Neither are of any use to me. In a shooting battle, I would shoot one, just as quickly as the other, as they are both my enemy. I find it best to save my ammo, and ignore both of them.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:33 AM

There is a recent push by the city council or chamber of commerce or something, to remove the billboard.

https://myfox8.com/news/thousands-si...ansas-highway/
Quote:
“We can do something by speaking out,” Bardwell said. “We can’t control whether they want to take that sign down. We are just asking them to do the right thing.”

Documents show the land where the billboard is located used to be owned by Harrison Sign Company. On Monday, the land was transferred to Robb Law Firm, which didn’t immediately respond to request for comment.

The mayor of Harrison released a lengthy joint statement on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce President and the county judge, which reads, in part:
They have a petition. Wow. Useless.
I have a novel idea: everyone chip in and outbid the stupid SOB. Replace his billboard with one the city likes.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:04 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
There is a recent push by the city council or chamber of commerce or something, to remove the billboard.

https://myfox8.com/news/thousands-si...ansas-highway/

They have a petition. Wow. Useless.
I have a novel idea: everyone chip in and outbid the stupid SOB. Replace his billboard with one the city likes.
Freedom of speech. There are now 3, yes THREE "Black Lives Matter" signs in Harrison flashing on digital billboards. Whether we like them or not, they are not breaking any laws, same with the WhitePrideRadio sign. But now the WPR billboard and the land is sits on is owned by Jason Robb so it's not going anywhere.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Freedom of speech. There are now 3, yes THREE "Black Lives Matter" signs in Harrison flashing on digital billboards. Whether we like them or not, they are not breaking any laws, same with the WhitePrideRadio sign. But now the WPR billboard and the land is sits on is owned by Jason Robb so it's not going anywhere.
Jason Robb. Sounds familiar. If he is connected with White Pride, I can see that my suggestion wouldn't work. I don't think I was clear, however. I meant take up a collection and rent the space the current sign is on, for a higher price than the White Pride guy can afford. Freedom of Speech (not freedom of expression, as some pretend it says) means the government can't force it down, but private citizens can always give the land owner a better deal, so that he puts up something else.

Of course, the the people living around the army post I moved here from would give both of them "a deal he can't refuse." Probably the only thing good about that place, any more, they don't put up with racism.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:17 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
Jason Robb. Sounds familiar. If he is connected with White Pride, I can see that my suggestion wouldn't work. I don't think I was clear, however. I meant take up a collection and rent the space the current sign is on, for a higher price than the White Pride guy can afford. Freedom of Speech (not freedom of expression, as some pretend it says) means the government can't force it down, but private citizens can always give the land owner a better deal, so that he puts up something else.

Of course, the the people living around the army post I moved here from would give both of them "a deal he can't refuse." Probably the only thing good about that place, any more, they don't put up with racism.
Jason Robb is an attorney in Harrison and the son of Thomas Robb.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Jason Robb is an attorney in Harrison and the son of Thomas Robb.
Thank you.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
We all respect our freedom of speech, we all can be glad we live in America where we do have that right, but from time to time I ask myself: what would our forefathers think if they could see just how far freedom of speech has gone; am I wrong about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas