Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 PM

139 posts, read 434,901 times

Advertisements

Starbucks, here is a cup for you...................

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 10,058 times
Default I do not get it?

What is it about overpriced coffee that is so appealing?
My neice that lives around safford loves Starbucks. I on the other hand think it is to strong.
Though on the Starbucks Fact finder I did locate a franchise in Willcox.
[URL="http://www.starbucks.com/retail/find/LocatorResults.aspx?fs=1"]Starbucks Store Locator[/URL]
Probobly since it is on the freeway it can support such a specialty store.

Oso

Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,367 times
Default Bring the Starbucks to Safford!!!

[quote=saffordpastor;2617536]One on main street, and another by the Minute Mkt on 191 and 70. Papa D's I think it is called. [quote]

First of all i need to make this very clear...if someone SERVES Starbucks coffee that doesnt make them a Starbucks. the only reason why i am searching so desperately to find one is because i worked at a Starbucks in tucson. It was the best experience i have ever had. Believe me, i have worked at all sorts of government jobs (growing up in Northern Virginia) and high income possitions. I would give up everything to be able to work there again. PLUS: The atcual Starbucks store makes there coffee so much different than any other place (even those starbucks found in Safeways).

I have been writing in the Starbucks forums over and over trying to get a REAL Starbucks out here in Safford.

Unfortunetly it seems to be bad timing, since now i am reading that they are downsizing...which really makes my heart hurt.

You see, it may just be "over-priced, too-strong" coffee to you, but to me it was a place i loved and a place i belonged. I took pride in serving that coffee and making sure everyone's day was a little brighter because of it. I had friends there and knowledge that people sought out...i miss that everyday.

I am about 2 bad job experiences away from just patitioning my butt off to get one here. I would gladly manage it with all my heart, be there late everyday, early everyday, if needed...just remember before you go talking badly about it, that its a meeting place. A place that people can hangout in, thats clean and the people are genuinly nice. The service is awesome (we are taught that way) and if anything is EVER made wronge or doesnt taste right...we will re-make it until it does taste right.

Its a great company and i was proud to be a part of it. I would give my first born son to be a part of it again. (just kidding)

Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Hey! Maybe the REAL, stand-alone Starbucks they'll be closing in Eloy ('twixt August '08 and February '09) will be shipped over to Safford!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,518 times
[quote=vinsmommy1026;4557624][quote=saffordpastor;2617536]One on main street, and another by the Minute Mkt on 191 and 70. Papa D's I think it is called.
Quote:

First of all i need to make this very clear...if someone SERVES Starbucks coffee that doesnt make them a Starbucks. the only reason why i am searching so desperately to find one is because i worked at a Starbucks in tucson. It was the best experience i have ever had. Believe me, i have worked at all sorts of government jobs (growing up in Northern Virginia) and high income possitions. I would give up everything to be able to work there again. PLUS: The atcual Starbucks store makes there coffee so much different than any other place (even those starbucks found in Safeways).

I have been writing in the Starbucks forums over and over trying to get a REAL Starbucks out here in Safford.

Unfortunetly it seems to be bad timing, since now i am reading that they are downsizing...which really makes my heart hurt.

You see, it may just be "over-priced, too-strong" coffee to you, but to me it was a place i loved and a place i belonged. I took pride in serving that coffee and making sure everyone's day was a little brighter because of it. I had friends there and knowledge that people sought out...i miss that everyday.

I am about 2 bad job experiences away from just patitioning my butt off to get one here. I would gladly manage it with all my heart, be there late everyday, early everyday, if needed...just remember before you go talking badly about it, that its a meeting place. A place that people can hangout in, thats clean and the people are genuinly nice. The service is awesome (we are taught that way) and if anything is EVER made wronge or doesnt taste right...we will re-make it until it does taste right.

Its a great company and i was proud to be a part of it. I would give my first born son to be a part of it again. (just kidding)
There were plans to open a Starbucks in Safeway when they opened the new store....but that seems to be on ice.

I figure that the local LDS folks petitioned it to stay away since they take a stand against coffee.

Just kidding...they wouldn't do something like that .....would they???

j/k

Old 07-26-2008, 10:38 PM

139 posts, read 434,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguamarina4u View Post
Wondering why there is no Starbucks located in and around the Safford area?
I have something that may help you out, even though I don't care for starbucks...............

Old 07-27-2008, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,497 times
Default Starbucks

Support a towns native business and help maintain the culture and economy. Buy Local. Spread the word and stop the McIndustriailization of America.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmsies View Post
Support a towns native business and help maintain the culture and economy. Buy Local. Spread the word and stop the McIndustriailization of America.

Not to mention them Wally World big-box types that continually crush the neighborhood Mom 'n' Pops.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:20 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
You guys are joking, right? Them wally worlds and starbucks have product miles above what mom & pop ever had. That's why they're successful. They employ far more people in town, at better wages and with far better benefits than mom & pop ever could afford. Sure, the old "native" stores were quaint, just like the old Model T and Stanley Steamers. Quaint, but replaced by far more efficient and practical solutions.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Point taken, kdog.

Still - even though mom & pop didn't have much ammunition when it came to scads of product choice, or lower pricing thanks to supposed sweat shop manufacturing, they gave the customer that good ol' "we greatly appreciate you" hometown feel, you know?

Quaint? Of course. Hey, I get a little misty about quaint.

I just never get that same hometown "I care about you" feel at the corporate humongo. I also get the feeling that somebody just rifled through my wallet, and that was all they really "cared" about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona