Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,815,973 times

Advertisements

The "expert advice" and "feeble excuses" so far are downright outrageous . . .

Quote:
Why was he there?

Did he intend to harm or was he merely lost and in the wrong home?

Did he have a "troubled" childhood?

Has he been arrested before?

Should the homeowner try to "reason" with him prior to protecting his family?

Possibly the homeowner should have contacted Dr. Phil prior to drawing his weapon?
HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20/20!

As far as I'm concerned . . . the homeowner's actions were justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 12:57 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,786,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
how bout "don't move or I'll blow your head off" followed by a call to the cops. any aggression after that original statement shall be met with deadly force. I've held someone at gunpoint till the cops arrived and you would be surprised how well a gun pointed at someone's face gets their undivided attention. so to those in this thread that think it's alright to kill someone to defend your belongings, does this also apply if you catch someone breaking into your car? should you just walk up and kill them to defend your stereo? as stated I'm a gun owner and would not hesitate to shoot to defend my family, but I'm not going to kill someone over a piece of electronics that I probably don't really need in the first place. they go to jail, I go back to bed. Life goes on. and there's no clean up.
I have zero regard for the life of a criminal, and the world would be better off with out them. You break into homes/cars taking things that are not yours good riddance I don't care if you live or day. Not like they have any regard for me, my family, or my possessions.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,805,170 times
AZ state law indicates homeowners have the right to defend themselves, even with deadly force, if they feel they are in danger.

---I love this law! Every state should have it!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM

591 posts, read 826,316 times
I wouldn't think twice about unloading a clip into a burglar should one ever break into my home. Thank God Arizona protects and upholds that right.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:53 AM

7,649 posts, read 10,008,178 times
We have a very simple solution at our house. We have a 6 foot fence and a gate, usually locked. There is a doorbell and a camera at the end of the driveway. Ring it. Come over or through the fence without an invitation and then try getting into the house and depending upon the situation you may be carried out.

Now I like to say I would try to determine the nature of why someone was on the property or inside my house before I blasted them. Someone found inside the house at night when I was sleeping would be treated a lot differently than say someone knocking on the door - though at the least they would get some choice words and probably be looking down the barrel of a .44 magnum while they stated their business and why they came over my fence.

I would not want to shoot a misguided kid. So let's hope none ever break into my house when I'm home. And if they do let's hope they stop whatever they are doing when told to do so, so that further action isn't necessary.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,729,647 times
Criminal got what he deserved!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 AM

90 posts, read 141,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
AZ state law indicates homeowners have the right to defend themselves, even with deadly force, if they feel they are in danger.

---I love this law! Every state should have it!
A big reason why I am moving to AZ.

At 19 years old, they know when they are doing wrong.

If anyone breaks into a home the intruder should know what may be waiting for them around the corner. As we see more of this type of "homeowner defense" it should send a clear and concise message.

More guns in the hands of the right people mean less crime. Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona