Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,451,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post

You seem to like the idea of shooting to wound rather than to kill. This will cost you your life if you are ever in the situation of having to use your weapon. The real world is not like Hollywood. People do not often drop from a single shot. Even several fatal wounds might not stop them from killing you first. If you ever need to use your weapon, SHOOT TO STOP THE THREAT, NEVER TO WOUND. Besides, your motor skills will be quite diminished in a fight or flight situation and the only place you should be aiming is center mass. Shooting someone in the arm is for Hollywood.
I know al that very wel sir.
Also the advise to use f.e. a 45 instead of a 38, you are allowed one shot, if the aack continues more, the 38 might not stop a person, You can not just empty a clip....
I do have a C C, how many here do?
I did react here to the 2nd or 3th poster. Now folks have called me al kind of names, but the majority never answered a question.
Always funny to see people react, telling you what you are, while we never met......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,986,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Also the advise to use f.e. a 45 instead of a 38, you are allowed one shot, if the aack continues more, the 38 might not stop a person, You can not just empty a clip....
I did react here to the 2nd or 3th poster. Now folks have called me al kind of names, but the majority never answered a question.
Always funny to see people react, telling you what you are, while we never met......
The law does not specify how many shots you are allowed.

With the exception of certain premises, Arizona residents do not require a CC permit.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM

308 posts, read 794,831 times
Quote:

I will empty my magazine (it's not a clip) if I feel it is warranted. I would also feel very comfortable with my 38, but I normally carry a 45.

I do have a CCW.

What questions do you want answered that have not been? I will answer them for you.

I don't believe I called you any names...........

Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,805,170 times
Quote:
Guess you guys where perfect at age 19. Dead is dead, when you don't have compassion, you are just as bad as a criminal.

I have a carry and conceal permit, and that comes with a lot of resposibility. Was the kid armed, or trying to fight?

!9 years... think about it before you write such remarks.

Maybe you should think about it as well. Obviously you haven't been the victim of a home invasion. Very similar to a rape. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, and their home. Everyone considering committing a criminal act needs to be aware of the consequences. I applaud the homeowner; I'm glad the intruder is dead! Oh, and I'm from a blue state.

Last edited by 9162; 05-31-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-31-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
I

I don't believe I called you any names...........
That was not directed to you, a few pages back I was a liberal and so on.
And I really don't care what someone is, dem or rep, it is a free country.

When I was 18, my car was taken from me at about 1 AM, 2 guys with masks and a sawed of double barrel shotgun.... coming home from work. So yes, I know the feeling.
They found the car 1 day later burned, it was used in a bank robbery...

Was my first car , old but paid for.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:45 PM

551 posts, read 1,597,825 times
No mention of the kid being a junkie in the news article. I am not sure where that came from.

I'm happy to see Arizona law stands behind the homeowner. Long ago when my mother was living with her five children in Phoenix, she asked a sheriff's deputy about defending her home. The deputy said she every right to defend herself and to shoot, if needed. That was over 40 years ago and I am glad Arizona still supports the homeowner.

Note: My mother was living in Phoenix while my dad was stationed aboard ship. We had family living in Phoenix near Chris Town.

It is a pity that a young man lost his life as at 19 you have so much to learn.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
I'm glad the intruder is dead! Oh, and I'm from a blue state.
That is what tick me, and most normal people of.
Why are you glad he is dead? That is a bold statement. Maybe it is a blue thing.
Where you the perfect child?What is next, Glad they killed a kid because the music was to loud, you didn't like his hair????
How can you celebrate death?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,986,157 times
Quote:
That is what tick me, and most normal people of.
Why are you glad he is dead? That is a bold statement. Maybe it is a blue thing.
Where you the perfect child?What is next, Glad they killed a kid because the music was to loud, you didn't like his hair????
How can you celebrate death?
I am not glad that the kid is dead. But, if he had entered unlawfully into the house, the homeowner was fully entitled to use deadly force under the law.

From my time sitting on a Grand Jury in Arizona (not Maricopa), I was surprised how few cases of burglary we got. Perhaps that is because a potential intruder knows that there is a good possibility that they will be met with a gun if they do break in.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,922,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
If you're referring to my post when you mention the TV---my point is, HTH do I know what someone's intentions are if they break in? Are they there just to steal my TV, or worse? How can a homeowner be expected to assess an intruder's motives? What are they supposed to do, counsel them? Every crook is someone's son/daughter, so am I.
how bout "don't move or I'll blow your head off" followed by a call to the cops. any aggression after that original statement shall be met with deadly force. I've held someone at gunpoint till the cops arrived and you would be surprised how well a gun pointed at someone's face gets their undivided attention. so to those in this thread that think it's alright to kill someone to defend your belongings, does this also apply if you catch someone breaking into your car? should you just walk up and kill them to defend your stereo? as stated I'm a gun owner and would not hesitate to shoot to defend my family, but I'm not going to kill someone over a piece of electronics that I probably don't really need in the first place. they go to jail, I go back to bed. Life goes on. and there's no clean up.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM

2,097 posts, read 3,827,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
how bout "don't move or I'll blow your head off" followed by a call to the cops. any aggression after that original statement shall be met with deadly force. I've held someone at gunpoint till the cops arrived and you would be surprised how well a gun pointed at someone's face gets their undivided attention. so to those in this thread that think it's alright to kill someone to defend your belongings, does this also apply if you catch someone breaking into your car? should you just walk up and kill them to defend your stereo? as stated I'm a gun owner and would not hesitate to shoot to defend my family, but I'm not going to kill someone over a piece of electronics that I probably don't really need in the first place. they go to jail, I go back to bed. Life goes on. and there's no clean up.

Maybe in a "perfect" world those scenarios happen but in real life you only have seconds to make decisions. You have no idea if he's cranked up on meth,drunk and just stumbling into the wrong house or there to kill and rob you because he's a 3 time loser. Sorry but I'm not willing to take those chances but you're welcome to.

OTOH...If I saw someone breaking into my vehicle I don't thing I'd be so inclined to just walk up and shoot him. That's a totally different situation. My vehicles a material possession,my family isn't!

Oh,as far as the clean up. I'd rather it be his than mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona