Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:25 PM

90 posts, read 141,548 times

Advertisements

This not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,103,936 times
Wait, you expect rational behavior from people who live in Bullhead City?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM

3,332 posts, read 2,309,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
And if/when I catch the little rats who keep stealing my solar accent lights there's going to be someone going to jail!
Good luck. I never replaced mine; decided to keep the lighting for the back yard only.

This weekend one of the windows was cracked top to bottom by a BB; hate to think I could spend the cash to replace the glass only to have it broken again the next day.

Home has been shot at twice from the neighborhood across an easement. I saw the kids the first time and told them to stop it; they looked at me like they had to think about it and were totally unfazed by being seen. This time I saw nobody so don't know if it's the same ones or if a bunch of kids in that neighborhood have BB guns. Somebody's allowance should be mine for a long time to come.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 AM

11 posts, read 58,269 times
I grew up in Phoenix (Mesa) and after living for a few years in other states I came back and settled in Kingman. I was shocked in the first year here as I met people to discover that it is SO incredibly NORMAL to have your first baby before you graduate high school. Like, not a fluke, not a couple of girls - at least HALF! As a woman who had her first baby at age 26 I had a very hard time making friends - people with kids the same age as mine were a minimum of ten years younger than me! I've heard that the problem is even worse over the mountains in Laughlin and Bullhead. Anyway, my point is, that as an outsider coming to Mohave County I felt the same way as you - this is NOT normal but they seem to think it IS! It's insane!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM

90 posts, read 141,548 times
I think it is said that children are experiencing puberty at a much earlier age. Parental education is key.

Young teenage moms are all over the place not just in Mohave Valley. I have lived in many US states and in different countries around the world as I see it almost everywhere.

The biggest problem with young mothers is that they can't support themselves or the kids (and the Dads? long gone) ...so they go for the handouts from Uncle Sammy (which actually is paid for by us , the working slobs)

Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 PM

2,809 posts, read 3,212,251 times
Is the teenage pregnancy rate really going up in AZ or is this more of a media hype?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,873,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy4given View Post
I grew up in Phoenix (Mesa) and after living for a few years in other states I came back and settled in Kingman. I was shocked in the first year here as I met people to discover that it is SO incredibly NORMAL to have your first baby before you graduate high school. Like, not a fluke, not a couple of girls - at least HALF! As a woman who had her first baby at age 26 I had a very hard time making friends - people with kids the same age as mine were a minimum of ten years younger than me! I've heard that the problem is even worse over the mountains in Laughlin and Bullhead. Anyway, my point is, that as an outsider coming to Mohave County I felt the same way as you - this is NOT normal but they seem to think it IS! It's insane!
You think that's bad? [/family guy]

Apparently the majority (or is that minority lol) of the ones who DON'T have kids after 24 are usually in the very, very, VERY small middle to upper class, or have common sense. Try being a single bachelor or bachelorette in your twenties trying to get a date, may as well set aside money for a babysitter or the occasional overdue bill. I've seen moms expect the guys to pay for everything and move in after the third week, and the guys are too broke because they're paying child support or don't work at all.

I picture a well dressed 30 year old at a parent-teacher conference for your youngest child, while all the other parents are around ten years younger and wearing studs, tattoos, and swear like sailors.

Good luck out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona