Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 15,106 times

Advertisements

hi guys..i just wanted to know how is the bed bug situation in arizona... especially tempe?? are there any bed bugs at all in the dry hot weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 10:21 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,163,121 times
The only time I've ever seen bed bugs was on TV. Aren't some microscopic?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston2tempe View Post
hi guys..i just wanted to know how is the bed bug situation in arizona... especially tempe?? are there any bed bugs at all in the dry hot weather?
Bed bugs in Tempe? Im sure there are LOTS of crabs in that town.

As for your question? Im not sure... I dont see why not though.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston2tempe View Post
Interesting question, Boston . . . my first thought was "WHY?"

Are there not Bed Bugs just about everywhere?

My experience since moving to Arizona is the lack or absence of bugs in general mainly due to the dry climate (maybe the abundance of Lizards plays a role as well).

I hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
boston...if you're talking about 'mites' as being the bed bugs, then you'll find them everywhere. As you're posting right now you probably have some on you at the moment.
As someone else mentioned, they are microscopic. They get in your sheets, your upholstered furniture, your carpet, your skin, you name it they're all over the country.
Now if you're speaking of 'body lice' then that's another area to peruse and then that would be a local condition.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 PM

59 posts, read 435,398 times
Bed Bugs are world wide.You usually get them in hotels and then take em home in your luggage. It may not be great weather outside for them in Arizona but it's usually just fine in the master bdrm. For info check out this article I wrote.just info nothing to sell.

Hope it helps. Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by riveree; 12-07-2007 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: advertising is against CD's Terms of Service

Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,066 times
I traveled all over Arizona for the past decade and stayed in many hotels and haven't encountered any bed bugs. That does not mean they are not around. Stay away from unkept and unclean places and your chances of encountering bed bugs will be low.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:50 PM

24 posts, read 130,774 times
Interesting it's probable that they just haven't spread to Arizona or California for that matter. I currently live in CA and there isn't a problem with them. I moved from Colorado a year ago and the Bed Bugs became such a problem out there it's unbelieveable there was even a lawsuit from a woman who sued a mattress manufacturer over it because she said the Bed Bugs messed her up psychologically (believe it or not) and the East Coast has a problem with Bed Bugs.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,078,621 times
Bothersome bed bugs bounce back (broken link)

Tempe: Twins Palms: "Bed bugs made this the worst hotel I've ever stayed in..."
A TripAdvisor Member, VA Mar 21, 2006

My experience with this property took place in:
December, 2005
My ratings for this hotel are:
Value
Rooms
Cleanliness
Service
I traveled to this hotel with: myself
My visit was for: business
Would I stay at this location again: no way!
This hotel was old, dirty and I had one problem after another. The biggest issue was the fact that the rooms had bed bugs. I went to sleep without any problems, but woke up with red itchy bumps all over my arms and legs. The bathroom was covered in rust and did not look clean from day one. Every night I had trouble entering my room because the card key didn't seem to work. For the first 3 nights, the front desk was able to reset the key and allow me to enter. On my last night, the door wouldn't open at all. Maintenance basically had to break the lock on the door to enter and then they spent the next hour fixing the door. Long story short, I would highly suggest finding another hotel. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Two articles on bed bugs in AZ. They are just everywhere. Our nice weather and winter travelers will just make this worse i'm afraid.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 AM

2 posts, read 68,619 times
Bed bugs in Hawaii...apparently they love the weather here too. I actually think we brought them home from an Arizona hotel, but ofcourse cant be sure. Living in Hawaii, we get alot of guests who bring their suitcases and so it goes. Just when we thought we were in the clear, we found some in the couch. We used a product called diatomacious earth, an organic material made of ground fosslized shells. It scratches the exosceleton of bed bugs, roaches, ants etc.. which causes them to dehydrate and die. Anyway it seemed to work great in the bedroom, but neglected to treat the couch. This product is a white powder, so treatment is messy, but it is organic and you can get food grade, which means you can eat it. There are actually recipes on the bag for human and animal consumption. My dogs got into the bag when I wasnt looking and ate some, they were fine, although they looked like they had a substance abuse porblem. Anyway, I have little doubt that in a short time this stuff will take care of the couch the way it did in the bedrooms. FYI there is a bed bug resistry for US hotels and apartments at www.bedbugregistry/ (broken link) you may find useful, I am reluctant to stay in hotels anymore, I think we encountered them at the Atlantis in the Bahamas last month too. Bedbugs dont care how nice your hotel or home is, it has little to do with cleanliness its just the less clutter available for them to hide in, the better. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona