Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:52 AM

13 posts, read 38,393 times

Advertisements

Pinon Elementary. We tend to shop at WalMart also. Are you still there at Pinon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM

20 posts, read 70,035 times
Nope. I left. I was there one school year. My family had a horrible time, as you may have read in the messages above. Will you have kids in the schools?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,028 times
Like the original poster, I too am considering teaching in Pinon. As far as the housing goes, is there a rent that needs to be paid? One poster mentioned paying electric in the mobile home, I was wondering if that was all, besides telephone and satellite TV. Also, do you have a guesstamite as to the # of bedrooms and square footage of these doublewides?

Thanks for any and all info!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 AM

I dont know the square footage... My 4 bedroom cost $330 a month (which isnt bad) but there is talk that it will go up for next school year. I think I still have a price list from last school year for houses in my email I can look for, but, again, I hear it may go up by like $100. My 4 bedroom had 2 bathrooms, decent bedrooms but not huge, a decent livingroom, a small-medium kitchen, and a pretty big dining room. I have seen the 2 bedroom units as well. It doesn't seem to bad on size. I am assuming you read all the other posts.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 AM

I don't have any children in school, the youngest is 18 and just graduated high school.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 PM

Default info

[CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=3]I copied this from the info page I was sent when I was offered a position in Pinon. Hope it helps. [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3](Housing Questions)[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[SIZE=3]·[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]What are the square footage sizes for the one, two, three, and four bedroom living areas? Approximately 900, 1100, and 1,200 square feet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Are the living quarters: Houses? Apartments? Duplexes? Town-homes? Condos?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Detached houses, apartments, and duplex. No town-homes or condos.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Are there washer/dryer hookups?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Hookups, yes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Cable Television? Satellite Television?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Residents use DirectTV and Dish Network at their choice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Garages: One or two car?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] No garages. Single car driveways, concrete parking pad.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Is there garbage service? Recycling? A garbage dump?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Garbage service is $10.00 per month door to door pickup. No recycling. The Chapter, local government center, has a transfer station, no garbage dump.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] If the quarters are not apartments, are there fenced back yards?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Some have fences, many do not. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Do the living quarters have a fireplace or air conditioning units?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Teacherages have wood burning stoves. There are no air conditioning units. Many residents provide their own AC units.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Will we need to bring our lawn-mower?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Good idea. Housing services has loaners. Not reliable. Weed whacker needed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Gas or electric or both?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Electric.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] On what date can we move in?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Depending on availability, when you are ready. Size of teacherage is a factor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] What is the fee for rent for each of the bedroom types and what is the pet deposit? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
4 Bedroom / 2 Bath $330.00

3 Bedroom / 2 Bath $305.00

2 Bedroom / 2 Bath $290.00
2 Bedroom / 1 Bath $285.00

1 Bedroom / 1 Bath $275.00
Efficiency $260.00
Pet Deposit $300/per
Maximum of two pets.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 PM

oops! Guess that didn't come out so good!!! Lol.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM

That is ok. I was able to make it out. Thank you.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:42 PM

I know I am not supposed to ask, but what was the salary for a new teacher when your were there?

Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Why aren't you supposed to ask? lol. That should be one of your first questions!!! Hmm... I wasn't a first year teacher, but I am thinking first year teachers are like $33K. Did you already get a contract? They take a lot more out of your check for weird things than I have seen in other states... So, to me, it was like I wasn't getting much. They try to make it seem better because "the retirement is awesome." There is also an OASI thing that they take out that is almost as much as the retirement deduction that I still don't really know what was for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona