Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 AM

3 posts, read 18,784 times

Advertisements

I agree with you Far. The kids certainly deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM

13 posts, read 38,371 times
Default Pinon, AZ

I was wondering if anyone could describe the housing on the Pinon Reservation?

Old 06-21-2009, 04:25 PM

20 posts, read 69,992 times
Default housing

They are basically ground-set doublewides. They have the 'old' side of the housing and the 'newer side.' The old side does not have carpet, as opposed to the newer side having it. It seems that new teachers end up in the old side to start with. Maybe you could negotiate that if you decided to go. The housing isn't too bad if you don't have to have something fancy. It is also right behind the schools, so its not far to work. Any other questions? I am sure you could read up above. It seems to cover just about everything else.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 PM

I was just curious about whether or not I could bring my dogs, if the yards are fenced, if not can I put one up, those kinds of things.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Default dogs

Yes, you can take your dogs. It is a $300 deposit per pet, or was. (ouch!) Most of the houses have fenced yards.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM

What about garages or carports, washers and dryers, and utilities? Not trying to be a pest, but I am just trying to find out things. The satellite images don't really show much about what is there.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Default houses

Ya, lol, they don't. There are washer and dryer hookups, but you have to provide your own washer and dryer. There are no garages, but you can put up a carport or something if you want. (It just becomes property of PUSD 4! Lol) You pay electric. There is no gas utilities at the homes. (All-electric.) The school district has been providing the water so far. You will need your own air-conditioning units. We had window units we bought at Sam's Club for a good price. Sometimes you have a ceiling fan or two. It helps to buy wood in the winter and use the wood burning stove for heat to keep the electric bill down. I never used the electric heaters other than in the bathrooms for a few minutes at a time. No problem about the questions. I have nothing better to do this summer! lol.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 AM

How far do you have to go to get firewood and about how much did it cost? Was it difficult to keep the houses warm and cool. Usually mobile homes don't have a lot of insulation and are difficult to heat and cool. I saw that Basha's was about a mile from the school or so. Are the prices decent there, and where is Sam's Club? Are the AC units 110 or 220v? Are the houses furnished?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM

You

Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Oops! You can get firewood delivered from the Natives. Sometimes they come to your house to sell. Other times they park by the side of the road on the way to Basha's or in the Basha's parking lot. Its not hard to find. It was about $80-$110 a truckload last winter. I guess it depends on the size of the truckload and who you get it from. (Don't pre-pay!) Also, unless you can chop it down smaller yourself, make sure its chopped small enough when its delivered.
The insulation on the houses is decent for a mobile home, but we have found that not all the windows and doors are sealed properly. It wasn't too bad keeping it heated. It also depends on the size of home you need. Ours was one of the bigger ones. The closest Sam's Club is in Flagstaff, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away. (Get someone to tell you the shortcut. Its much quicker than mapquest!) Farmington is the next closest with a Sam's, but I hear its about 4 hours away depending on the season. As far as prices for Basha's... I am a Walmart person, so I wasn't thrilled about them. I drove to Gallup or Winslow to get groceries from the SuperWalmarts there. I would think that the Basha's prices might be comparable to other types of grocery stores... not for sure since I don't shop at other grocery stores very often. We bought the 110v AC units from Sam's.
May I ask which school you are looking at working for out of curiosity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona