Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM

68 posts, read 254,420 times

Advertisements

I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some. There is more crime and less crime in states other than AZ. There is more polution and less pollution, more traffic and less traffic. Starting to get the picture. Arizona lovers like myself will not sit around and let the few who hate it get away with it without a fight. All you people who hate Arizona (Phoenix) just need to leave. I have said this on this forum alot now. If you think the crime is high, its polluted, congested , mean, and any other negative thing just get out!!!!!!! Please get out. If you think it's better some where else then go. Don't stay here you make the vibe too negative. Now a little positiveness. I love what Arizona has to offer, desert mountains, green mountains, beautiful canyons, red rocks, little traffic once out of the metro, lakes, mountain roads, indian ruins, Grand canyon white mountains, lake mead, powell, north rim, coyote buttes, painted desert mingus mountain, the peaks, fossil creek 7 springs, prescott. I'm a very positive person but will not stand by and watch some people hurt our grat state. I'm not telling every one to move here either because AZ is not for every one. So all of you who write asking how Arizona is don't come here thinking it's WI or NC or FL or CT or NY. Listen to me people Arizona is just that Arizona. It's just a state trying to survive just like all the other states. Oh yea, Our weather on the whole can't be beat.
p.s. when people mention a stat about AZ being the most sweatiest i know what we are dealing with.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,912,123 times
I understand exactly what you mean, adelmo. One gets tired of the bashing.

The area of AZ that I have been looking at is the northern part.....Flagstaff. Beautiful area, but landlocked and very expensive. Prescott also comes to mind.

The rest of AZ is just too hot. I am in West Texas....and the only reason I want to leave is to get closer to skiing and away from HOT summers and no winters.

Sierra Vista, Phoenix and surrounding area are so pretty....but also so HOT.

To each his/her own. AZ has a lot to offer, despite the bashing that goes on. I have seen most of the state over the years.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:18 AM

7 posts, read 28,849 times
COMPLETELY AGREE. But I really like the small town thriving look of Chandler and Gilbert area. I love the "palm-tree-and-water-fall" architecture and the small yet rapidly growing town between the mountains, viewable from where ever.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:14 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,480,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChris1102 View Post
COMPLETELY AGREE. But I really like the small town thriving look of Chandler and Gilbert area. I love the "palm-tree-and-water-fall" architecture and the small yet rapidly growing town between the mountains, viewable from where ever.

Have looked up how many people live in Gilbert and Chandler? They are not small towns. I think you maybe driving through their downtown areas and thinking that is the town. Is that right?

Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 6,194 times
Having traveled throughout the USA and in particular Northern Arizona for several decades, I agree that AZ offers many more positives than negatives. Enough good things so that in December I'll be moving my family from Oahu, HI to Kingman, AZ. Oahu weather is almost always humid, warm, sticky ... like the tropics duh ... the island has more than a million people crowded together with about 650,000 using a 140-square mile transportation corridor every day. Every day is a two-hour commute into town on a single freeway. Most houses are "zero lot" which means hardly any privacy. Northern AZ weather and lifestyle is much better, with Kingman within a two-hour drive of five climate zones. Bigger houses, bigger properties, low population density, and of course open roads to the rest of the USA, a feature sadly lacking on an island only 30x40 miles small. Freedom to move around and have peace and quiet are important qualities of life, fortunately Arizona has lots of those.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,694,683 times
So far I love AZ, yes it is hot but the other 8 months of the year is just perfect for me, the weather here latley has been amazing!!!! Although I do crack up when I see people wearing sweatshirts when it is 65 degrees out, but I am sure after a couple of years I will be doing the same.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So far I love AZ, yes it is hot but the other 8 months of the year is just perfect for me, the weather here latley has been amazing!!!! Although I do crack up when I see people wearing sweatshirts when it is 65 degrees out, but I am sure after a couple of years I will be doing the same.
Try next year I laughed to, the next year I had my winter coat on.
I froze yesterday morning the temp said 65.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 AM

53 posts, read 201,726 times
Default And this is the GOOD neighborhoods you hear about

Girl assaulted after opening door to man

Sarah Muench
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 11, 2006 12:00 AM

Worry sank in Tuesday for parents and neighbors who learned that an 11-year-old Chandler girl home alone was sexually assaulted after opening the door to a stranger.

The girl, who had stayed home sick from Jordan Elementary School, a Mesa public school in Chandler, answered the door Monday afternoon to a man who told her he was a landscaper, police said.

School officials, parents and neighbors were concerned that the man may have been watching the girl to know she was home alone. They also fear he could strike in the neighborhood again.
Angelo Aufiero, 71, said although he feels he and his wife live in a safe neighborhood, something like this could happen anywhere.

He said that he and his neighbors look out for each other and that he would be keeping an eye out for the white truck in which the victim said the suspect drove away.

Police describe the man as Hispanic, 30 to 40 years old, 5 feet 5 to 5 feet 7, wearing a white and blue button-down striped shirt and black pants, with short spiky dark hair and acne on his face

Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,694,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleAZ View Post
Girl assaulted after opening door to man

Sarah Muench
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 11, 2006 12:00 AM

Worry sank in Tuesday for parents and neighbors who learned that an 11-year-old Chandler girl home alone was sexually assaulted after opening the door to a stranger.

The girl, who had stayed home sick from Jordan Elementary School, a Mesa public school in Chandler, answered the door Monday afternoon to a man who told her he was a landscaper, police said.

School officials, parents and neighbors were concerned that the man may have been watching the girl to know she was home alone. They also fear he could strike in the neighborhood again.
Angelo Aufiero, 71, said although he feels he and his wife live in a safe neighborhood, something like this could happen anywhere.

He said that he and his neighbors look out for each other and that he would be keeping an eye out for the white truck in which the victim said the suspect drove away.

Police describe the man as Hispanic, 30 to 40 years old, 5 feet 5 to 5 feet 7, wearing a white and blue button-down striped shirt and black pants, with short spiky dark hair and acne on his face

That can happen anywhere, good neighborhoods are not immune either, it is the criminals not the neighborhoods fault.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That can happen anywhere, good neighborhoods are not immune either, it is the criminals not the neighborhoods fault.
That's true, I live in a good neighborhood and feel safe their has been many assaults here lately.

Go to the Arizona Republic online and click into the crime link. If you put your zipcode in it tells you all the crime violent and personal crime and excactly where it happened. I looked up mine the other day and I almost fell on the floor. Let me know if you can't find it I'll send you the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona