Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:42 PM

67 posts, read 377,341 times

Advertisements

"I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some."

LOL! Are you sure someone REALLY needs to do that? What's the prize for success... more whiny people moving there?

Look at it this way; Arizona is a very special, very unique state. I was born there and both my parents were born there. But it's not for everybody. I think you've just got to let it be "OK" for people to not like living there.

And, perhaps it's greatest drawback, now, is too **** many people. Well ask yourself: if your swimming pool is so crowded that you can't enjoy it anymore, does it really make sense to keep insisting that the water is fine - come on in?

Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
That's true, I live in a good neighborhood and feel safe their has been many assaults here lately.

Go to the Arizona Republic online and click into the crime link. If you put your zipcode in it tells you all the crime violent and personal crime and excactly where it happened. I looked up mine the other day and I almost fell on the floor. Let me know if you can't find it I'll send you the link.
Ok I did, 11 crimes last month two were assaults the rest were petty crimes, Ok not good but not actually to close to my new house, I did it here where I live now 13 crimes 1/2 drug related, the rest petty, in the new neighborhood it showed no drugs but assaults and petty. hmmmmmmm

Old 10-11-2006, 01:57 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss View Post
"I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some."

LOL! Are you sure someone REALLY needs to do that? What's the prize for success... more whiny people moving there?

Look at it this way; Arizona is a very special, very unique state. I was born there and both my parents were born there. But it's not for everybody. I think you've just got to let it be "OK" for people to not like living there.

And, perhaps it's greatest drawback, now, is too **** many people. Well ask yourself: if your swimming pool is so crowded that you can't enjoy it anymore, does it really make sense to keep insisting that the water is fine - come on in?
I hear ya, but they need to keep coming so I can get top dollar for my house when it's time for me to get out.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM

19 posts, read 70,774 times
I have lived n Tucson all my life, I've been to all parts of Arizona and it has drastically changed and not in good ways. The beautiful deserts are littered with trash from the illegal border crossers. Our air quality is awful, I use to love to look down into the city from the foothills and see the city, now all I see is a brown cloud. Ten years ago I would have defended this Arizona and argued that it was the best place to live in the United States. It's truly sad that I cannot put up a fight for Arizona now.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:24 PM

566 posts, read 1,419,878 times
Default Crime in anytown

I live in Maine and we are in the process of relocating to Arizona. Violent crimes happen in all areas and sometimes in very small quiet towns. Here in Maine last month three people were murdered, one of them dismembered and burned. All in the same day. We are talking a very very small town. It happens everywhere.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,477,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ok I did, 11 crimes last month two were assaults the rest were petty crimes, Ok not good but not actually to close to my new house, I did it here where I live now 13 crimes 1/2 drug related, the rest petty, in the new neighborhood it showed no drugs but assaults and petty. hmmmmmmm

That's pretty good I think.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I hear ya, but they need to keep coming so I can get top dollar for my house when it's time for me to get out.

That's the positive thing.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Wish I could find a link like that for NC. Let me know if you find something like that.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,460,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmo View Post
I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some. There is more crime and less crime in states other than AZ. There is more polution and less pollution, more traffic and less traffic. Starting to get the picture. Arizona lovers like myself will not sit around and let the few who hate it get away with it without a fight. All you people who hate Arizona (Phoenix) just need to leave. I have said this on this forum alot now. If you think the crime is high, its polluted, congested , mean, and any other negative thing just get out!!!!!!! Please get out. If you think it's better some where else then go. Don't stay here you make the vibe too negative. Now a little positiveness. I love what Arizona has to offer, desert mountains, green mountains, beautiful canyons, red rocks, little traffic once out of the metro, lakes, mountain roads, indian ruins, Grand canyon white mountains, lake mead, powell, north rim, coyote buttes, painted desert mingus mountain, the peaks, fossil creek 7 springs, prescott. I'm a very positive person but will not stand by and watch some people hurt our grat state. I'm not telling every one to move here either because AZ is not for every one. So all of you who write asking how Arizona is don't come here thinking it's WI or NC or FL or CT or NY. Listen to me people Arizona is just that Arizona. It's just a state trying to survive just like all the other states. Oh yea, Our weather on the whole can't be beat.
p.s. when people mention a stat about AZ being the most sweatiest i know what we are dealing with.
I'm confused. Your profile says CT to AZ in 2007, yet you say here throughout your post. Do you actually live here?

Old 10-14-2006, 04:12 PM

84 posts, read 152,667 times
Default I don't agree at all

I used to like it here. It has changed dramatically in the Valley here. Many things have added up and deteriorated this place pretty bad. I have been up North. Love it up there. No comparisonn between it and the Valley.

One must never get in to the idea that if someone complains about something, whether it be Arizona or politicians or the Federal government or Bush or America that they can just leave.

That is a futile, circular argument that goes round and round and diminishes the most conservative meaning of freedom of speech.
The only thing worse than that is if you complain about illegal immigration(a hot topic), and the ones that glorify and trivialize the lawbreaking and claim they want it solved but nothing is acceptable just spout off that a person who is against it must be racist. I will never tell anyone to love it or leave it about anything. That makes all people's opinions who disagree less valid and my opinions are valid and so is everyone else's.

I am absolutely positive about that although I could be mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona