Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:52 PM

68 posts, read 254,248 times

Advertisements

I'm writing this because some one has to stick up for this great state. Yes we have problems, more than some less than some. There is more crime and less crime in states other than AZ. There is more polution and less pollution, more traffic and less traffic. Starting to get the picture. Arizona lovers like myself will not sit around and let the few who hate it get away with it without a fight. All you people who hate Arizona (Phoenix) just need to leave. I have said this on this forum alot now. If you think the crime is high, its polluted, congested , mean, and any other negative thing just get out!!!!!!! Please get out. If you think it's better some where else then go. Don't stay here you make the vibe too negative. Now a little positiveness. I love what Arizona has to offer, desert mountains, green mountains, beautiful canyons, red rocks, little traffic once out of the metro, lakes, mountain roads, indian ruins, Grand canyon white mountains, lake mead, powell, north rim, coyote buttes, painted desert mingus mountain, the peaks, fossil creek 7 springs, prescott. I'm a very positive person but will not stand by and watch some people hurt our grat state. I'm not telling every one to move here either because AZ is not for every one. So all of you who write asking how Arizona is don't come here thinking it's WI or NC or FL or CT or NY. Listen to me people Arizona is just that Arizona. It's just a state trying to survive just like all the other states. Oh yea, Our weather on the whole can't be beat.
p.s. when people mention a stat about AZ being the most sweatiest i know what we are dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 PM

435 posts, read 1,576,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmo
There is more crime and less crime in states other than AZ.
[CUT] Arizona does, in fact, have the worst crime rate of any state in the union. On this item, you're just flat-out wrong and I have to call you on it. Len Munsil just wrote a scathing article in the AZ Republic regarding this issue, which I wrote in a link to on another thread.

Last edited by Marka; 08-12-2006 at 12:06 PM..

Old 08-10-2006, 07:08 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,408,385 times
Hey. It is not Arizona I have a problem with. The Grand Canyon is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I love Sedona. I also like some of the mountain areas in the eastern part of the state.

The problem I have is with Phoenix specifically. It simply is a terrible place to live. It’s a spread out, dusty, cultureless sprawling suburb. The people here are generally ignorant and less educated as well. I grew up in Texas and there are plenty of places in Texas I hate. Trust me, if you started jumping on Houston, for example, I would be the first to join you. That place is almost as bad as Phoenix.

So, it’s really Phoenix that I can’t stand. And once I finish my graduate degree, trust me, I’m gone!

Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 PM

68 posts, read 254,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin
Hey. It is not Arizona I have a problem with. The Grand Canyon is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I love Sedona. I also like some of the mountain areas in the eastern part of the state.

The problem I have is with Phoenix specifically. It simply is a terrible place to live. It’s a spread out, dusty, cultureless sprawling suburb. The people here are generally ignorant and less educated as well. I grew up in Texas and there are plenty of places in Texas I hate. Trust me, if you started jumping on Houston, for example, I would be the first to join you. That place is almost as bad as Phoenix.

So, it’s really Phoenix that I can’t stand. And once I finish my graduate degree, trust me, I’m gone!
The thing i'm trying to say is that i live in CT right now in fairfield county. There are alot fewer people than in Phoenix and there is road rage, a lack of respect that i've never felt before driving or other wise. There are murders and crime without having near the population Phoenix has. The humidity last week was so bad that we had about 30 deaths. But i would never cruxcify it the way you guys do Phoenix. I'm just saying this because i never heard such vile things said about one place when the same things you guys say in one way or another happens every place.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:25 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,714,403 times
Quote:
I absolutely LOVE Texas, the 2nd greatest state in the union! From Dallas to Houston, it's absolutely amazing! To have bare ranchland combined with two of the greatest cities in the world is simply astounding! I don't like Austin much...not my cup of tea.

How can you NOT like Houston or Dallas?

Old 08-10-2006, 09:27 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,714,403 times
Way to go Adelmo! I also love Phoenix, truly one of the great cities of the world!

Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 PM

1,112 posts, read 4,002,729 times
I like how all this is being said who evidently won't even be LIVING in Arizona until 2007.

Rural Arizona is beautiful. No complaints there.

However, as a Phoenix resident, I'd say Phoenix NEEDS someone to trash it. Somebody needs to get the "NIMBY" (not in my back yard) attitude out of the city. Miles and miles of cookie-cutter homes make for a shell of what was once a vibrant, exciting city. Have you ever seen pics of Phoenix in the 60's? People are walking the streets, ENJOYING themselves. Something you don't see anymore.

As for Tucson, I'd say, its like Phoenix in some ways, but on a smaller scale. A benefit of Tucson is that they seem to take the surrounding landscape into mind. I also think Tucson will be headed in the right direction BEFORE Phoenix even starts to get it's act together.

Thats my $.02

--Cody

Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,408,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ
I absolutely LOVE Texas, the 2nd greatest state in the union! From Dallas to Houston, it's absolutely amazing! To have bare ranchland combined with two of the greatest cities in the world is simply astounding! I don't like Austin much...not my cup of tea.

How can you NOT like Houston or Dallas?
Everything you like about Phoenix (sprawl, drive everywhere, cheap lifeless neighborhoods, no culture)…that is Dallas and Houston. So, it is no wonder you like those cities.

They are not my kind of place. Austin has some life to it, it is more progressive, and has a core downtown area where people actually live. But, it is a pretty small town and the job market is iffy (although better than Phoenix). Yet, if I ever end up moving back to Texas, that is where I will end up.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 PM

620 posts, read 1,748,439 times
[quote=CodyW]I like how all this is being said who evidently won't even be LIVING in Arizona until 2007.

Good point. Adelmo, all those items you mention about CT are going on Phoenix as well - just much worse.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM

273 posts, read 1,650,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW
Have you ever seen pics of Phoenix in the 60's? People are walking the streets, ENJOYING themselves. Something you don't see anymore.
Oh I don't know about that. We still have our fair share of street walkers.

<rim shot>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona