Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:18 AM

264 posts, read 136,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Could be, but I think its just a rumor. The construction law to build in the Punta Cana area was changed a few months ago to allow high rises away from the beach in Cap Cana and in the Macao areas.

Also, many high ranking people in the US political, business, and even big people in the media have ties to the Dominican upper class. Elizabeth Taylor (I know she died a few years ago) had some Dominican friends in the DR. She was seen several times in the country and in yachts off shore where her Dominican friends would spend a day with her. A few years before she died she stayed for a few days at the Casa Colonial Hotel in Puerto Plata after visiting some of her Dominican friends and heading back to the USA.

Remember that many high ranking Dominicans made it to the top ring of US society, such as Óscar de la Renta. He used to designed dresses for many US First Ladies. The Clintons spend every Christmas at the Puntacana Resort & Club. Henry Kissinger and Mikhail Karyshnikov each owns a house nearby. The Spanish monarchs are close friends of many high raking people in the DR and are seen in the country quite frequently.

Trump himself and his offspring has several Dominican friends in high ranking places. His daughter Ivanka Trump was with her husband a few years ago. Her brother Eric was also seen there a few years ago teaming up with Abraham Hazoury.

The list is quite long. Everyday people don’t know this, but it’s a reality.

the zoning was changed in the middle of the night, and that infuriated the big guys in punta cana, they have been blocking trump since.

Trump is not an establishment guy, he only pursue his own selfish reasons.
just think about it, both ivanka and her husband, and both of trump sons have been in punta cana in the last year, working on that project, why would Fox news run a 24/7 campaign against the same destination the president is about to invest millions of dollars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 11:27 AM

10,069 posts, read 14,947,742 times
Ivanka and her husband were on the north coast, I think in the Amman place near Cabrera. That was suppose to be a break from her duties high up in the US government.

Eric though was in Cap Cana and that was suppose to be a business deal that included the towers.

It could be true, but I still think its a rumor. Time will tell.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:43 PM

749 posts, read 852,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post

Should we stop vacationing in Hawaii?
How many ways can YES!!! be stated?? Please promise!!!

Folks go ti*s up here in the ocean mostly, not from using the mini bar but fer sure stay away anyway.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:39 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,583,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr22 View Post
How many ways can YES!!! be stated?? Please promise!!!

Folks go ti*s up here in the ocean mostly, not from using the mini bar but fer sure stay away anyway.
I guess my point didn't resonate with you. Hawaii's tourism accounts for 21 percent of it's total economy. You may not like tourists but many people count on tourism for their livelihood, and a 21 percent reduction in an economy is substantial. While I don't have the figures for the Dominican Republic at the moment I can imagine the economic impact is greater. When we eventually visit Hawaii we will try to stay out of your way.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:58 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,186,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Eight American tourists have been killed within a short period of time, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic.

https://abc7ny.com/nj-man-is-8th-tou...yEHuNRITSrPULs
There is nothing in the story to indicate that this man was killed in the usual sense of the word.

He died. That's all you know.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:42 AM

10,069 posts, read 14,947,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
I guess my point didn't resonate with you. Hawaii's tourism accounts for 21 percent of it's total economy. You may not like tourists but many people count on tourism for their livelihood, and a 21 percent reduction in an economy is substantial. While I don't have the figures for the Dominican Republic at the moment I can imagine the economic impact is greater. When we eventually visit Hawaii we will try to stay out of your way.
It’s a near $8 billion industry with over 336,000 people employed (over 94,000 have a job directly and the rest either work in businesses that get all or part of their business from tourists and/or servicing tourist oriented businesses). The country also have over 78,000 hotel rooms and an occupancy rate that is above 77%. Those figures are for 2018.

In 1980 the country had over 5,000 hotel rooms with an occupancy just under 59%. An “industry” that produced under $200 million.

https://bcrdgdcprod.blob.core.window...ismo_valor.xls

Old 06-22-2019, 03:57 PM

749 posts, read 852,331 times
One thing is certain, if the DR or anyplace is going to make tourism their main job and money producer it may be a good idea to adopt commonly acceptable values that their target customers will find tolerable, not to mention step up security for their guests.

Many so-called paradises have their share of evil dictators, poor working conditions, lawlessness, etc,etc. My main point was to maybe be a bit discerning about where you spend vacay money.

Hawaii has reached a sad situation of hosting an increased number of tourist every year now and all of the stress and destruction to our resources both natural and man-made while collecting less and less money per tourist, not good, so yeah stay away unless you intend to spend like a drunken sailor.

Hope it is found what exactly is causing these seemingly untimely deaths in the DR and they are able to get their act together overall, as Hawaii is also working on that.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:13 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
One thing is certain, if the DR or anyplace is going to make tourism their main job and money producer it may be a good idea to adopt commonly acceptable values that their target customers will find tolerable, not to mention step up security for their guests.

Many so-called paradises have their share of evil dictators, poor working conditions, lawlessness, etc,etc. My main point was to maybe be a bit discerning about where you spend vacay money.

Hawaii has reached a sad situation of hosting an increased number of tourist every year now and all of the stress and destruction to our resources both natural and man-made while collecting less and less money per tourist, not good, so yeah stay away unless you intend to spend like a drunken sailor.

Hope it is found what exactly is causing these seemingly untimely deaths in the DR and they are able to get their act together overall, as Hawaii is also working on that.
Values? This is ridiculous. It sounds like those people may have been poisoned by badly brewed alcohol, a d if that’s the case the manufacturer a d the hotels needs to be sued. The DR government made need to step up its regulations of the alcohol industry.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Could be, but I think its just a rumor. The construction law to build in the Punta Cana area was changed a few months ago to allow high rises away from the beach in Cap Cana and in the Macao areas.

Also, many high ranking people in the US political, business, and even big people in the media have ties to the Dominican upper class. Elizabeth Taylor (I know she died a few years ago) had some Dominican friends in the DR. She was seen several times in the country and in yachts off shore where her Dominican friends would spend a day with her. A few years before she died she stayed for a few days at the Casa Colonial Hotel in Puerto Plata after visiting some of her Dominican friends and heading back to the USA.

Remember that many high ranking Dominicans made it to the top ring of US society, such as Óscar de la Renta. He used to designed dresses for many US First Ladies. The Clintons spend every Christmas at the Puntacana Resort & Club. Henry Kissinger and Mikhail Karyshnikov each owns a house nearby. The Spanish monarchs are close friends of many high raking people in the DR and are seen in the country quite frequently.

Trump himself and his offspring has several Dominican friends in high ranking places. His daughter Ivanka Trump was with her husband a few months ago. Her brother Eric was also seen there a few months ago teaming up with Abraham Hazoury.

The list is quite long. Everyday people don’t know this, but it’s a reality.
I don’t know why this would be a surprise. The US business class has long held considerable interests in the Caribbean.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:04 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,583,250 times
Quote:
...so yeah stay away unless you intend to spend like a drunken sailor.
I wasn't asking permission, besides, we aren't coming to loot and pillage. We will leave it just as we found it. You won't even notice we are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas