Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Um, really? What a man DRINKS makes him "appear feminine"? I know that's used as a punchline in pop culture, but I didn't think people really did this IRL. Silly me.

I served watermelon margaritas at a house party several weeks ago ... they were pretty pink with all the fresh watermelon, but everyone loved 'em, even the men. Go figure.
Anything with a straw.

I drink only 3 things in a bar. Beer on tap, a whiskey sour, or a shot of vodka.

Usually, it's a whiskey sour, followed by a Coke on the Rocks. If I'm getting tore up, it's a Coke with Rum.
But usually, 3 or 4 ( a few) whiskey sours for the night means I got a bit of a buzz, but I"m still OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Anything not pink or pastel. (Cosmopolitans are out, sorry.)
I drink whatever I feel like. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a Cosmopolitan (I know a lady bartender in a place in Easton, PA that makes superb Cosmos), and I am secure enough in my masculinity to have one. My cocktail of choice is a whiskey sour, and always order one at a working class strip bar called The Trestle Inn in a warehouse district in Philly that specializes in Whiskey Sours - they use the original recipe that includes egg whites as an ingredient ... does that make me "butch"?

Look: I wear a uniform and a badge and I have a lot of hair on my chest ... no cocktail is gonna take away my masculinity.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,485,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Look: I wear a uniform and a badge and I have a lot of hair on my chest ... no cocktail is gonna take away my masculinity.
So just like that guy in the Village People?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
So just like that guy in the Village People?
LOL

Touche!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,485,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
LOL

Touche!!!
With a set up like that, I could not resist.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM

537 posts, read 740,673 times
I remember a gal I briefly dated back in the early 90s . . . Built like a playmate with a Texas accent. Her drink? Jack Daniels. Neat. {sigh}

Old 06-10-2013, 01:27 PM

328 posts, read 998,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Um, really? What a man DRINKS makes him "appear feminine"? I know that's used as a punchline in pop culture, but I didn't think people really did this IRL. Silly me.

I served watermelon margaritas at a house party several weeks ago ... they were pretty pink with all the fresh watermelon, but everyone loved 'em, even the men. Go figure.

I've never understood this either. Men drink sweet non alcoholic drinks all the time and it is never considered feminine. Is drinking a glass of iced tea feminine? No, of course not. It is the same thing with food. People talk about "man" food. So if a woman likes steak, wings, and beer she is considered manly? Life is too short, drink and eat what you want where you want...of course everything in moderation.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,262,058 times
A real man doesn't care what other people think of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I can think of 7 women I know right off the top of my head who love scotch.
I'm a bourbon girl myself.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,675,784 times
Well, I think anything with a parasol in it is probably not going to help you get in touch with your masculine side.

Also, anything ending in tini is a no no, unless it is just a martini. No appletinis, cherrytinis, peachtinis and so on.

In the end though do what you like and **** what others think.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:47 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,143,318 times
I like frozen daiquiris and Bahama Mamas and Rum Runners, all with a floater or two on top.....and *kamikazes "shot to death with club soda" as I coined the phrase....makes them delicious - I order that by the pitcher, which is always the stainless shaker that is ice cold.
If anyone has a problem with me, a guy, drinking them they haven't said it to me so far.

OH! I almost forgot! I love white Russians, too! Taste like yummy chocolate milk!

*(kamikaze = vodka, triple sec and Roses lime juice)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages