Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
hjy hjy started this thread

2 posts, read 3,575 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just moved to the area and am looking for a non-denominational Christian church. The church I came from was very small (probably about 100 people total) and didn't even have its own building (we met in a local high school). We had small groups of 10-15 people. The teachings were a lot like those at Mars Hill in Michigan, just with a much smaller congregation. I loved the motto was "Love God, Love Others, Turn the World Upside Down." (Check out www.cgrocks.org if you're curious) So far I've only seen huge churches here -- is there anything in the Abq area like what I've described? Thanks for your help!!

PS Music is important to me -- I'd love to find a church with a really vibrant worship team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,607 times
Default Looking for a church....

Hi,
Here in Rio Rancho NM we have a small Calvary Non-denominational church. The Pastor is GREAT, the people are very friendly and they offer several different times to choose from.
In ABQ. I would highly recommend you check out and give a try to Calvary Alb. on Osuna. It is a large church, and I was very nervous to begin with about the amount of people that attend, but I have to tell you between the coffee/book shop, the Pastor(s) and the amazing friendly people you will meet the church is BY FAR the BEST I have found. The whole congregation are casual, outgoing, friendly and very willing to open their arms to new members.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Briana

Old 08-31-2009, 11:36 AM

196 posts, read 591,212 times
Grace Church. 821-8800. Have attended last 13 years. Love it. Music is really great. Smaller than Calvary but growing. New building going up. Lots of groups for all ages. Saturday evening service and 2 Sunday morning services.

Come and join us!

Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 AM

107 posts, read 344,514 times
Default Looking For Non-Denominational Christian Church

I live over in the NE Heights area now. Looking to replace a great church from when I lived in Georgia. Any suggestions or invites of a non denominational Christian church?

I should mention this new time zone sure gives ya a sweat of dilemma during football season.

Many thanks in advance. -EJ

Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM

83 posts, read 227,776 times
I just moved hear and started going to Sagebrush and I really like it.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:46 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,033 times
Sagebrush also has 5 different service times to choose from (for the pigskin conflicted ). We will also be establishing a new "campus" at Eldorado High School within the next few months.

A couple other options you may want to consider are Desert Springs Church or Calvary Chapel, both of which are located on the east side of town.

Chap

Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 AM

196 posts, read 591,212 times
Grace church on San Antonio and San Pedro. Just finished new construction on a gym and new/more classrooms it's awesome.
821-8800.
Sundays 9:00 & 10:30 service. Saturday service at 6:00p.
Come for our Thanksgiving service Nov 22nd at 6:00pm.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 AM

16 posts, read 32,680 times
Hoffmantown is a good possibility
Has great childrens ministry, adult bible study
Sundays 9:00 & 10:45 service

Our Christmas Chior Celebration will be on Dec 5th & 6th (two shows each at 4:00 & 6:00 pm)

Last edited by abgofet; 11-16-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
We will also be establishing a new "campus" at Eldorado High School within the next few months.
I have no problem with religion, per se, but isn't putting a church inside of a public High School a bit... provocative?

ABQConvict

Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have no problem with religion, per se, but isn't putting a church inside of a public High School a bit... provocative?

ABQConvict
It's a "Mega Church". I think they are just renting the space until they can get new "Campuses" built. They are doing the same thing at one of the Rio Rancho schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: