Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,422,289 times

Advertisements

We're considering trying to get a furnished rental for a one month vacation in Albuquerque that takes dogs and doesn't cost more than about $1,000. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,105,322 times
My suggestion is to raise the pricing expectation.
$1,000/month is around $33/day.

I would expect to pay that if I signed a lease.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:43 PM

35 posts, read 87,144 times
Check out VRBO.COM . I've used them for vacation rentals elsewhere without a problem. I'd recommend looking for a rental that takes credit cards (you have more protection that way than giving them cash). Good luck.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

13 posts, read 46,339 times
Default Roxbury Suites

You might check out this place. Their standard 1 br apartment is 1000/month. We've lived here for 4 months now in a housing transition (with our dog). Our dog did need references (we used our vet and a previous temporary rental situation) Management is nice. Units are clean and nicely furnished. (Ikea furniture) I know they don't always have vacancies as there are only 21 units (13 are the standard type) so you'd want to plan ahead. Website is: Main : Roxbury Suites

Last edited by Marieab; 08-27-2009 at 08:20 PM..

Old 08-29-2009, 03:56 PM

28 posts, read 86,773 times
Default Planning ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieab View Post
You might check out this place. Their standard 1 br apartment is 1000/month. We've lived here for 4 months now in a housing transition (with our dog). Our dog did need references (we used our vet and a previous temporary rental situation) Management is nice. Units are clean and nicely furnished. (Ikea furniture) I know they don't always have vacancies as there are only 21 units (13 are the standard type) so you'd want to plan ahead. Website is: Main : Roxbury Suites
I thought you meant references from other dogs
Where did you store your belongings? I will be in the same situation once I sell my house in Ithaca and move there. Will need time to look around to buy something.
Thanks for the Roxbury link--took a look and sent an email.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 PM

13 posts, read 46,339 times
Lilac - We rented a storage unit. Kind of a pain, we don't have much of a choice. Hubby's company has us in limbo as to where (in ABQ) they will be relocating their offices.... We want to wait until that's decided before buying a house. Good luck on your move! We LOVE it here!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 AM

28 posts, read 86,773 times
Default Roxbury suites--noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieab View Post
Lilac - We rented a storage unit. Kind of a pain, we don't have much of a choice. Hubby's company has us in limbo as to where (in ABQ) they will be relocating their offices.... We want to wait until that's decided before buying a house. Good luck on your move! We LOVE it here!
Marieab--my cousin saw the outside of the complex and noted the busy street. From within the apt. how is the noise from the street and between apts? I like that it's near Whole Foods and a park. Lilac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque