Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 AM

473 posts, read 1,246,101 times

Advertisements

One more thing.. I mention these 3 areas b/c I found some nice homes in our price range in these areas so I focused on them. I think I need to back out a little bit and make sure I'm not missing other nice pockets on the west or NW side. Any other nice neighborhoods I didn't mention? I'm using a website that lets me search by neighborhood? Are paradise east and paradise west nice? Any others you'd recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,089,324 times
jrod2828 asks:

> I'm using a website that lets me search by neighborhood?
> ... Any others you'd recommend?

I think your website searches are great for getting educated on the area and values/prices and such, but not being familiar with the area, you really really need to cruise the streets yourself.

When I got back here after being gone for ten years, I already knew the area and had kept up with things very closely. Every ping on the search engine I got I *knew* the area very well. I was able to dismiss possibilities out of hand.

I'd print out a huge map on ledger-sized paper of the west side and map stuff out such as the main roads and the houses you have found for sale that look like reasonable possibilities. You might notice trends where you have a bunch of red X's (definite no or suspiciously inexpensive) in one neighborhood and a bunch of blue O's (posssibles).

Of course I'd do it because I'm an anal-retentive geek. (I probably didn't need to mention that, however.)

Old 06-22-2008, 06:19 PM

710 posts, read 2,963,410 times
Taylor Ranch and Ventana Ranch appreciate at or about the same rate, while Ladera Heights has been about half. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. One thing that could really boost the Ladera area is the build up of Sun-Cal's 55,000 acre development immediately to the West. I know they are looking to add a lot of commercial development there which will add jobs and bring the necessary retail that area has long needed. And with the convenient access to I-40 it could become a hot spot in the future. But VR and TR are very family oriented communities and should be fine for the foreseable future. Another thing that will help VR is the close proximity to Double Eagle Airport which has seen Shamrock Foods, Tempurpedic Beds, and Eclipse Aviation set up shop (Eclipse will eventually build their HQ there as well as all of the manufacturing facilities. Tesla and electric sedan is to be built in the area as well, but I'm not sure how that startup (from the Bay Area) is moving along. This area will probably been one of the significant job centers in Albuquerque's future.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:35 AM

5 posts, read 16,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
You said:

That's a joke right? That area is not a lower income neighborhood. Unser is paralell to Coors, so your not talking about the same area.

I said:

[see above]

You said:

"That area has alot of mixed income, so the average is lower than those numbers you posted. And?"

Do you see a problem with this? The man asked us to rate three areas. I lived in two, and am familiar with the other. Overall, Ladera Heights and the surrounding areas are, in my opinion, not as nice as the other two. There are a variety of factors. Some are socio-economic. I also listed traffic, access to shopping, and quality of schools. If you disagree, make your case. If you choose to dispute my opinion, that is your right, but do so based on fact, not emotion. I never said Todos Santos was a bad area; I said it [Ladera] was not as nice as the other areas. Hey, you won the Bronze - don't be a sore loser.

Peace.
What?!

Read the post again,,,,,,,.....
This has nothing to do about winning. But then again you haven't responded to the questions I posed. It's ok, just forget it.

P.S.
For the record I lived in all three of these areas, and have more than two years of experience in these areas. My opinion is first hand knowledge, and not researched through Google. FWIW.........

Wow, what a way to turn me away from this forum.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque