Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM

6 posts, read 21,228 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just returned from a whirlwind house hunting weekend in ABQ and think we found a great house in Ventana Ranch. I am a little worried about being a bit isolated out there and would love to hear what makes Ventana Ranch so great (ie... shopping, restaurants, cultural activities, etc...) for you and your family!
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 07:50 PM

177 posts, read 406,457 times
I live in Ventana Ranch. I love the desert wind, the view of the mountains, and right down the hill is CottonWood Mall and a bunch of other stuff, like Flying Star Cafe, and Grandma's Music (I'm a musician). It's cool!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,119 times
I love the parks, the tennis court, the proximity to several golf courses, the well maintain streets and medians, the quietness, the stars, and the people.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 PM

382 posts, read 1,227,583 times
I love that the $235,000 investment we made in a rental property has afforded me over $25K in tax loss carryforward to offset income that would otherwise be taxed.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:58 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,997,633 times
I had two coworkers who lived in VR, and they both love it. They were able to get a lot of house for a modest amount of money. They also had very stable jobs, and planned on living in those homes through retirement.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 PM

34 posts, read 141,187 times
I have found VR to be SAFE, quiet, peaceful, and an easy commute into ABQ. I have lived most of my life in much larger cities than ABQ so the commute from VR is not an issue at all. I live just off Paseo so I can easily cross the river on Paseo, Montano, or even Alameda. It is a nice middle class neighborhood, with neighborhood parks, jogging/bike trails, fantastic mountain and volcano views, nearby shopping (Ventana Place and Cottonwood Mall), nearby restaurants, and nearby schools. VERY NICE community !!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 AM

20 posts, read 83,842 times
I visited ABQ last week, and looked at some houses in VR. It's about 27 minutes, per Mapquest, from the University, where I'll be spending a lot of time. I got tired of driving back and forth out there just in a couple of days, so I had trouble picturing a year. Now I've got my eye on one house each in 87109 and 87111.

I can understand why people like VR-- it's new, it's clean, it's peaceful --but it's kind of far for me. I'm just impatient that way.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:28 PM

15 posts, read 35,022 times
I currently live in VR and love it!! I work with people who live mostly in the NE and they tell me they can't understand how I make the commute to work (Uptown area) everyday. Honestly, it only takes me around 20 minutes to get to and from work everyday. This gives me time to collect my thoughts or listen to an audio book. I absolutely love our neighbors and we were able to afford a very good size home for a lot less money. We have wonderful views of the mountains. Yes, it takes us about 10 minutes to get to a Wal-Mart but I love the peacfulness here. I really wish I wasn't leaving!!! We are currently trying to sell our home because my husband is military and we have to move.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
Those medans are sexy! woooo haha they landscaped them really nice
its nice to know some home building companies wanna make albuquerque's medians alot nicer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque