Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 PM

44 posts, read 134,966 times

Advertisements

To all ABQans, and especially those who also spend time in Santa Fe... which cell phone service provider do you use, and how is your coverage? I won't be moving to ABQ for a couple of months, but I'm in desperate need of a new cell phone (mine is about 5 yrs old and on its last legs) and I want to make sure whatever company I sign on with will work well in ABQ and SF. I'm out of my current contract so I'm a free agent! I greatly appreciate your opinions/experiences!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 AM

106 posts, read 302,400 times
We have Verizon. They came with us from California and so far the coverage is very good throughout Rio Rancho and ABQ. My husband works in Santa Fe and gets a signal all the way between RR and SF. Once in SF he picks up the truck and drives to Trinidad Colorado and gets a signal MOST of the time between SF and Trinidad. Once in Trinidad the signal is full strength. He had to drive to Denver once and had a fine signal from there as well.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:16 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,425,601 times
I'm happy with Verizon, which I've had ever since moving here 5 years ago.

They practically give you a new phone when you renew your service agreement.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:00 AM

44 posts, read 134,966 times
Thanks Cade and nmguy, I had not had Verizon at the top of the list, so it's good to see some recommendations for it. T-Mobile is one of the other ones that I saw pop up with some positive reviews online. And AT&T seemed to have pretty bad reviews, so no iPhone for me!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 AM

361 posts, read 1,092,797 times
I use Verizon too. I live in Chicago, but go to ABQ and SF frequently, and I never have problems talking to friends and family in ABQ, SF, California, Chicago when I'm there.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,848 times
I had Sprint and all my friends had Verizon. Both had good coverage, and I traveled to every corner of the state. However, because now I do love the iphones, I'm considering a switch to AT&T. Not sure of their coverage in NM though, but if you're thinking of an Iphone, its something to consider.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,030,026 times
We had AT&T when we came here to New Mexico, and so far we have kept it because we seem to have the coverage we need and no problems yet.

We can always switch later if AT&T doesn't meet our needs, but so far so good.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,779 times
Verizon. Before that I used Sprint and T-Mobile, but Verizon has far better reception on the Westside.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,918,752 times
I would absolutely recommend Verizon. When I go hiking with a few of my friends, the only phone that had coverage the entire way was verizon. Also, when I travel accross the state (which is frequently) Verizon has always had good coverage. AT&T was ok when I had it, and T Mobile sucked for along time--but I have heard it has gotten better. So there are some things to keep in mind...I think you can pull up all of their coverage maps online. I have always found it interesting how a cell company can completely dominate a market in one city and the next city over they are all wowed by a completely different cell company.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
I'll second that Verizon's signal makes it into a lot of the mountainous areas, at least in the Rio Grande Rift areas.

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque