Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 18,561 times

Advertisements

Im thinking of moving to your wonderful city,as I have not had a place of my own from the time Hurricane Katrina took our home in Gulfport Ms,I am very depressed,and need to move on,but thats hard to do when I cant afford the prices to rent here in Phoenix,I currently live with my daughter,not for here we would be homeless. My sister who was also in Katrina,lives in your city,and she is doing well,but Im afraid to move there,and not be able to afford the rent,we are in our late 40s and have a 10 pound pekingese,that is almost 10 yrs old. I just want to live in a happy area,with trees,smiles and laughter,to know that life still goes on,and we can once again make it,any help with any information to help us along our way,would mean alot to my family.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 PM

298 posts, read 1,149,665 times
Sorry about losing your home. I have family in the New Orleans area. I think you can find some pretty reasonable rent here. Have you looked at apartments.com or rent.com? Another good place to look is Craigslist. You could find a place in your price range, and have your sister check it out to make sure it is o.k. I think you wouldn't have trouble finding a place that would take a small dog.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:22 PM

6 posts, read 18,561 times
Default Thank you.

Thank you for the reply,Aptartments.com isnt in my price range,I can afford around 500 a month give or take a few.I will look thru Craigs list,just maybe I may spot a goodie or 2,then we must worry about employment for my husband who does maintence work at a large retirement comm. here. thanks for caring to reply.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,987 times
You'll probably have better luck with privately owned units - duplexes, triplexes, small apartment buildings. Some of those are advertised on craigslist, but many are only listed in the paper or not all - just signs in front of the yard/unit. I found my place by just driving around the neighborhood I was interested in and writing down phone numbers from For Rent signs in the yards. Many (including the one I rented) were never posted in the newspaper or anywhere else. Is it possible to stay with your sister for a few weeks when you get here, so you can look around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque