Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 11:15 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,510,474 times

Advertisements

The police told me it takes 6 to 8 weeks for a detective to get assigned to my stolen car. I said by that time I'll have another car and State Farm will be the owner if they find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 03:53 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
No doubt. Man, that is one slow response time by the APD. As is usually said regarding thefts, "it's just someone's car...we got more important things ta do with our city's problems."

But to you, Rich Cabeza, it's your transportation! I am sorry this happened to you. Will you get replacement cost from State Farm Insurance to get a like car?

Old 04-01-2019, 05:49 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,510,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
No doubt. Man, that is one slow response time by the APD. As is usually said regarding thefts, "it's just someone's car...we got more important things ta do with our city's problems."

But to you, Rich Cabeza, it's your transportation! I am sorry this happened to you. Will you get replacement cost from State Farm Insurance to get a like car?
I was told they will give me Kelly Bluebook. I have one in mind, a year newer from Hertz (mine was a Hertz car) and hopefully I'll only have to shell out $1000. You know, before I got out of the car that day, at Walmart, I sat there for several seconds debating on whether to use The Club or not.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:10 PM

I was told they will give me Kelly Bluebook. I have one in mind, a year newer from Hertz (mine was a Hertz car) and hopefully I'll only have to shell out $1000. You know, before I got out of the car that day, at Walmart, I sat there for several seconds debating on whether to use The Club or not.

As they say, hindsight is 20/20. That sucks, but I think State Farm Insurance will, along with your good use of brainpower, beat this one right into the dirt, and you'll win in the end. The guy (or gal, but I really doubt it was a girl that stole your car) that stole your car just brought a dumptruck load of bad karma back onto himself. There is no way someone can be a moron like this and not pay for it eventually.

Godspeed to you, man.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:37 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,783,819 times
Quote:
In my book, that definitely qualifies as putting people down.
No it doesn't.
Quote:
No one has questioned your statements regarding your background, why should you question theirs?
Because the statement they made was for the purpose of downplaying and invalidating the experiences of people who live in rough neighborhoods.
Quote:
(1) ABQ as a whole is generally much better for crime than it used to be and (2) the chances of being a crime victim in a lot of ABQ is pretty low.
I don't think either of these statements is accurate. From what I've seen/heard, Albuquerque seems to be worse for property theft/vandalism now than it was when I was there.
Quote:
IMO, you are a near-classic case of over-projecting your experiences on others.
No, I'm providing a balance to the rose-colored-glasses statements other people are making. From a crime perspective, Albuquerque isn't the "normal" town you all are making it out to be. My parents still live there, they love NM, they'll never leave, but they aren't afraid to admit that there's a crime problem there.
Quote:
But those of us living here today, in different locations around the urban area, know that our daily reality is not what you describe. How do you balance this reality vs what you say is the actual truth?
I think you guys are deliberately ignoring the things that you don't like. I think you see it, you hear about it (eg. other poster's car just being stolen recently), you are aware of it, but you choose to ignore it.

Ignoring problems doesn't fix them. There needs to be dialogue about it if any progress is to be made.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post

Answer me something: if someone was talking about your old neighborhood in the Bronx, how great it was to live there, how there weren't any problems except for "normal" city crime which happens in every town, how this crime didn't affect the average person, you'd tell them they're full of crap, wouldn't you?
I wouldn't generalize the quality of life or general crime rate in New York City based on just my old neighborhood, especially as it was in my youth, like you do with Albuquerque.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:36 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,453,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I wouldn't generalize the quality of life or general crime rate in New York City based on just my old neighborhood, especially as it was in my youth, like you do with Albuquerque.
Exactly. New York City is not just a few blocks in the Bronx. People in Manhattan or Brooklyn or Staten Island will have a different experience. Albuquerque is not just a barrio in the South Valley. People in Nob Hill or the heights or Los Ranchos or Uptown will have a different experience.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:16 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,938,357 times
Default Who could have predicted?

Quote:
At age 24, Jeyden Barnhill is known for her “hasty” getaways.

Federal court records allege that she led Albuquerque police on a car chase after an armed robbery last June involving her husband.

During a two-month crime spree last summer of armed robberies and break-ins at four Albuquerque businesses, Barnhill is alleged to have been a lookout, a driver and a passenger in the getaway vehicles, some which had been stolen, according to federal records.

Late last week, the FBI announced that Barnhill and two other defendants are facing federal charges of armed robbery of a business engaged in interstate commerce, carjacking and firearms offenses.

Yet, a U.S. magistrate judge in Albuquerque on Monday trusted Barnhill to behave and sent her to stay at a court-approved halfway house awaiting further prosecution in the federal case.

The next day, Barnhill lived up to her reputation.

She was last seen walking out of La Pasada halfway house in Albuquerque on Tuesday at 5:20 p.m., just after staff there heard a vehicle outside honk its horn. Barnhill jumped into a waiting red car, witnesses say, and never returned.
https://www.abqjournal.com/1300514/f...way-again.html

(Further detail in full article.)

Nice work, judge (Laura Fashing)! I'm sure the FBI loves you, after they intervened to work on this case, only to have this suspect given another chance to flee.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:18 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,938,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
The police told me it takes 6 to 8 weeks for a detective to get assigned to my stolen car. I said by that time I'll have another car and State Farm will be the owner if they find it.
This is crazy. Can anyone comment on how this compares to response time in other cities of similar size?

Old 04-07-2019, 09:21 AM

This is crazy. Can anyone comment on how this compares to response time in other cities of similar size?

This smacks of a lack of police manpower issue to me. That is way, way too slow to respond to someone who has had their car stolen. Better have effective car insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque