Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:40 PM

32 posts, read 69,465 times

Advertisements

After 4 years of (ALBUQUERQUE) city life my wife and I have had enough. We are both from Alamogordo N.M. so we are used to a mid-small size town. I don't mean to bash Albq because there are some good elements but the crime, hustle and bustle, drunk Native Americans, illegal aliens, aggressive cage fighter type Hispanics, totally twisted and corrupt city government (just watch/read the Albq News) has over shadowed the good. Looking forward to starting a CALM quiet life in Prescott AZ.

P.S. I hope the Lobo football team improves and I hope the fans find a renewed spirit of support and cheer for there team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:16 AM

713 posts, read 1,847,296 times
buh bye...

Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
buh bye...
See you in Prescott loborick.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 AM

484 posts, read 970,941 times
has crime affected you personally?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,192,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acelucero75 View Post
drunk Native Americans, illegal aliens, aggressive cage fighter type Hispanics,
Thought I would look up some statistics for the surname LUCERO:

Lucero is the 211th most common surname for Native Americans;
Lucero is the 167th most common surname for Hispanics;
Lucero is the 945th most common surname overall.

Don't get it.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:38 PM

713 posts, read 1,847,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acelucero75 View Post
See you in Prescott loborick.
Nope. I love Santa Fe and New Mexico. I wouldn't move to AZ if you gave me a house there.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,652,172 times
Arizona = even worse, hotter weather, more superficial, more sprawl, more congested, living in LA's shadow, not as good culture, not as good food, same seasons year round (boring) and not as pretty ( my opinion)

Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
has crime affected you personally?
Yes crime has affected me personally. I worked retail part time to supplement my income. I have dealt with the people and citizens of Albq first hand (store locations in various areas of Albq). Yes I have met some very nice people here in Albq. (Most people were/are very nice) On the other side of the coin though I have dealt with some of the most violent shoplifters I have ever encountered. One of my co-workers had a pistol pointed in her face as the robber demanded she open the safe and hand over the cash. Anyway I'm done with the "Duke City" "505".

Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Thought I would look up some statistics for the surname LUCERO:

Lucero is the 211th most common surname for Native Americans;
Lucero is the 167th most common surname for Hispanics;
Lucero is the 945th most common surname overall.

Don't get it.

I don't speak spanish, I don't look hispanic/mexican, I have dealt with racism from hispanics/mexicans because I don't speak spanish or "act" the part.

This last Fourth of July I affixed two American flags to the back of my pick up truck. As I proceeded to drive around I had Hispanics/Mexicans make rude gestures to me and cuss me out. I had never dealt with such anti American behavior in my life. I had no idea the Flag of The United States was a symbol offense. Not here in the United States anyway.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 PM

107 posts, read 202,083 times
I don't look Hispanic but I am. I am proud to be Puerto Rican! If your last name is Lucero and you are Hispanic then that is why all of the Mexicans/Hispanics give you such a hard time. What do you think that you're not going to see illegals in "All American Prescott?" Hello, it's Arizona. It shares the City of Nogales as a port of entry to the U.S. There are alot of Mexicans and Native Americans in New Mexico because their families have been there for years. So, if you think you're trying or going to escape the Mexicans/Hispanics in Az then you are completely wrong. Why would you want to go somewhere that gets so hot in the summer and has the same weather all the time and in NM you have beautiful 4 seasons, with beautiful fall foliage and snow in the winter? Please don't talk about the Hispanics anymore, that happens enough on a daily basis here. I think that in every state that you go to you are going to have illegals and they don't all necessarily have to be Hispanics-remember that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque