Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:40 PM

1,763 posts, read 6,006,239 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have made the decision to return to MD. I am frankly amazed that we're willingly leaving this beautiful place...I have been a big promoter of Albuq. while I've been here, and every word of every post I have written singing its praises has been true.

Nevertheless, there is a combination of circumstances that requires it, which include unresolved real estate issues, family issues, and most recently, the health of a parent. The process of making this decision has been gut-wrenching, but now that it's made, a kind of calming effect has set in.

I have really enjoyed the Albuq c-d site, and have tremendously enjoyed interacting with you all. I've learned plenty from others' posts, and hopefully some of my own posts have been helpful to others.

I leave in three days, in a '96 Lesabre packed to the gills. In three more I'll be reunited with the wife and child in Maryland. Adios Albuquerque, and adios, good people of Albuquerque c-d.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 05:51 PM

299 posts, read 1,154,996 times
Tim,

I'm new to the forum, can't keep saying that... can I, and have read some of your post, enjoyed each one. Wish you could stick around and enlighten me on ABQ, however, I certainly do understand your situation and respect you for doing so for your parent.

I was stationed at NAS Pax River, MD in St Mary's Co and love it. Will always miss the crabs and the great Deputies and MSP Officers of St Mary's Co.

Best of everything to you and yours, to include your parent(s).

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

Old 05-24-2008, 05:54 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,912,123 times
Tim, have a safe trip. I know how the situation is with parents...it's the reason I stayed as close to Texas as I have, so I can go when I'm needed. It does change things.

I've enjoyed reading your posts on "Duke City."

Take care.....maybe you'll come back to the Land of Enchantment one day.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:59 PM

31 posts, read 97,288 times
I am a new poster here, but I have enjoyed reading and learning from your posts, Tim.
I'm sorry for the issues that have come up, and know the health problems (parent) can be quite stressful for everyone. I wish you a safe drive back east.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:13 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,898,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
My wife and I have made the decision to return to MD. I am frankly amazed that we're willingly leaving this beautiful place...I have been a big promoter of Albuq. while I've been here, and every word of every post I have written singing its praises has been true.

Nevertheless, there is a combination of circumstances that requires it, which include unresolved real estate issues, family issues, and most recently, the health of a parent. The process of making this decision has been gut-wrenching, but now that it's made, a kind of calming effect has set in.

I have really enjoyed the Albuq c-d site, and have tremendously enjoyed interacting with you all. I've learned plenty from others' posts, and hopefully some of my own posts have been helpful to others.

I leave in three days, in a '96 Lesabre packed to the gills. In three more I'll be reunited with the wife and child in Maryland. Adios Albuquerque, and adios, good people of Albuquerque c-d.
I've read alot of your posts as well. Best of luck to you

Sam

Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 PM

298 posts, read 1,150,876 times
Tim, Good luck on your move. I'm sorry to hear that you have to go, but you can still keep on posting! Your posts have been very informative. Thank you. Maybe someday you can come back to NM!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:22 PM

429 posts, read 1,479,863 times
Tim,
Funny you are leaving ABQ due to a parent and that's why we are moving there.

But just because you are moving away, doesn't mean you can't impart wisdom to us newbies... look at EnjoyEP. :-) Thanks for all the information, it has been worthwhile and very helpful.

Best of luck to you and your family. God speed on your trip.

SoggyInSeattle

Old 05-24-2008, 11:09 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,640,150 times
Aw, darn it Tim, why did you have to ruin my Saturday night? You'll be missed!

Hope you have a safe trip, and things work out for you and the family in MD.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,042,363 times
Tim, I am very very sad to hear this news. You are one of the posters here that I enjoy the most, and I can tell how difficult this decision has been for you.

I hope you will consider what other members have suggested, that you still remain an active member of this site - it will be a way for you to remain in touch with New Mexico and to aid those who are planning to move here.

I hope that your family situation will improve, and I feel like you are doing the right and unselfish thing.

The very best to you,

Towanda

Old 05-25-2008, 12:57 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,924,607 times
Tim, I am sad to hear that you will be leaving this wonderful city and wonderful state. It is people like you who are proud of where they live that help a community thrive. Your posts have been thoughtful, objective, relevant, and very uselful to so many. Please don't stop posting about all the things you love (look at EnjoyEP, he almost starts crying when he drinks a mexican beer ;-) and he leaves great informative posts from afar). You are an exceptional member to the Albuquerque C-D community, and you are an outstanding person to have on these forums. I hope MD is kind to you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: