Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 PM

125 posts, read 478,511 times

Advertisements

I'd love to come check out the area in October and see the balloon festival The east mt area would be my choice to drive through and see the pines, well I am from Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM

5,061 posts, read 7,456,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqcavestester View Post
Nob hill has nice, cute, safe, and family oriented neighborhoods. Another plus to it is that you can get a back yard!

Some of the views you can get from your house are nice.
The view you posted is from the UNM South (Championship) Golf Course, not Nob Hill.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,885,779 times
I am also considering retiring to NM. I suggest you consider other NM cities as well. Use the Google street view to check out Farmington, Alamogordo, Silver City, Socorro and Las Cruces. I am particularly fond of Socorro.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:11 PM

741 posts, read 1,381,766 times
If you might be interested in the east side of town, the areas of Peppertree and Cherry Hills are quiet, with a decent space from neighbors. I don't know though if they would satisfy the "garage" issue.

You would have to drive pretty much to and from (not necessarily far) and while they are not as old as others mentioned here, they are older, relatively speaking.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,863,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligirl56 View Post
My better half and I are planning to move to Albuquerque in a few years.
You might look at Corrales, just north adjacent to Albuquerque and The Village of Los Ranchos de Albuquerque.

Rich

Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 7,045 times
You should probably consider Sandia Heights and possibly the area around Constitution and Girard, north of Constitution. Some parts of the Ridgecrest areas are also nice, east of Carlisle, South of Garfield, and to the Southeast Ridgecrest diagonal, but not too far to the south. The areas east of Lousiana and north of Montgomery are nice too. The area around Hyder Park is also nice and may fit the price range. If you're going to buy, you might want to call a realtor of your choice and come here first for the "city tour". There are many neighborhoods that will match your criteria, but this is a town where a beautiful $2,000,000 home might sit right next to urban blight with corrugated metal fences, etc., and the millionaire owner of the $2M home may ride his bicycle around naked and his wife may not wear pants because "it's New Mexico", so you need to see for yourself, truthfully. Maybe even store and rent an apt for 6 months - that's what I would do just to recon the area before sinking the dollars into something. I particularly recommend this approach for Albuquerque, because you will find so much variation from area to area.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM

28 posts, read 80,714 times
I've been to New Mexico several times and love the climate. I have visted Ruidoso, Silver city, Capitan, Las Cruces, Alamagordo, but only passed through Alb. From what I've seen and read I like the vitality and diversity of the city. I think I will look into the city tour as suggested by one of you helpful wonderful people. I will say that if the people are indicative of the paticipants of this site I am encouraged and optimistic of my happiness in Albuqerque

Last edited by kaligirl56; 07-27-2010 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: to respond to inquiries of my visiting Alb

Old 07-27-2010, 01:38 PM

28 posts, read 80,714 times
To Spyderman,

Great minds think alike, We have no plans to come to New Mexico this year for a vist, but I would love to get your impressions during your October visit. Keep in touch. By the way thanks for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque