Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 08:28 PM

16 posts, read 117,603 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place to hold a bridal shower for my best friend in the spring. I am not from the area so i am wondering if anyone knows of a nice classy place. It will most likley be 20-30 people. I am interested in restaurants, hotels, etc..
thanks,
ebl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebl0407 View Post
I am looking for a place to hold a bridal shower for my best friend in the spring. I am not from the area so i am wondering if anyone knows of a nice classy place. It will most likley be 20-30 people. I am interested in restaurants, hotels, etc..
thanks,
ebl
There are plenty of nice restaurants. It's just a question of your requirements, can they accomodate you, etc. Check out Chez Sophie -- probably the "nicest" restarant in town. Not cheap and they may not be the kind of place you are looking for, or might not accomodate you. They are now in the Saratoga Hotel (formerly the Prime) on the northern end of Broadway.

I would also check out One Caroline -- a great place. Excellent food, great service, and a lot of fun. For a bridal shower/party, that would be my first choice.

There's one more place -- Mare. Very "chic" kind of place. Indoor/outdoor settings, private room/loft upstairs, very nice. To me, it's more "show" than "go" so to speak. If you want to go with Mare, I would suggest trying the food out -- not a tasting, but more so just going there one night for dinner with some friends (or sending some friends). The food is "ok" but for the setting, environment, price, etc., I think it falls short. Good luck.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM

16 posts, read 117,603 times
Thanks so much, I will check into those!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 04:21 PM

103 posts, read 313,046 times
I vote for the Saratoga Hotel as well.

We have had many Galas there and it right on Main Street where you could to a Girls Night pub crawl. The rooms are nice too.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,255 times
BTW, as I mentioned, Chez Sophie might not be the kind of place for a bridal shower. However, you can certainly stay on the Saratoga Hotel. There are also a # of other hotels right there in town.

Anyplace I mentioned -- you can start out the night, take cabs, horse/carraige rides, rickshaws, etc. all over town. If you are in the "party" mood -- there are plenty of places you'll want to hit for a drink or two. I would put on the list of places -- Mare, 9 Maple, Parting Glass, City Tavern, Venue (I think that's the name, it's an upstairs dance club), Clancy's (a real shot and beer joint, perhaps not 100% safe for a group of women some might say), and several others. Let me know if you need an opinion on any place. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: