Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,639,107 times

Advertisements

Alright folks, time to pick the winner. I'll go with one of these two women Wisconsin twin sisters take on the Iditarod because I live in the state that likes to cut the cheese.

Anyway, I think it'd be just dandy if the moderator of this forum agreed to give the winner $500 cash. Every one in favor of this contest raise your hand. Excellent. Those opposed raise your hand. Hmm, just one person. I wonder who that could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,159,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumaneAct View Post
Please find other things to bet on. Iditarod dogs suffer horrendous cruelty every day of their lives. Mushers have drowned, shot, bludgeoned and dragged many dogs to death. For example, Iditarod musher Dave Olesen drowned a litter of newborn puppies. Another musher got rid of unwanted puppies by tying them in a bag and tossing the bag in a creek. Mushers even have a saying about not breeding dogs unless they can drown them: “Those who cannot drown should not breed.”
Shadduuuup.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Either of those twins wins...I'll kick out 500 bones. But they will have to pick up the cash in person!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM

879 posts, read 1,733,639 times
My favorite, Zoya Denure, is not racing this year. Soo, go Anna!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,159,707 times
Pete Kaiser of Bethel!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,639,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
My favorite, Zoya Denure,
She's from WI as well. Alaska's most famous race is being overrun with cheese heads. Time for me to move to Alaska, open up a store, and start selling cheese hats.

So Mr. Rance wants either of those twin girls to mosey on over to his home to collect the moola if one of them happens to win.

Knock Knock

Sweden: Yes, may I help you?

Twin: I'm here to collect the money Rance owes me

Money? What money?

For winning the Iditarod

Oh really?

Yep

How much?

$500 smackers

Are you serious?

Yep

Okay, can you come back tomorrow?

I guess

Ring Ring

Hello, this is Rance

Get home -- now

But, I'm wor...

Now!!

Okay, on my way

Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 PM

Thats pretty much the gist of that scenario!

I was thinking she might be able to swing a photo shoot out of the deal and get some of that money back!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
Well....smaller field...just like the Quest.

Bruce Linton would be my favorite...sentimental reasons, but he has bowed out after last year. For those that don't know, Bruce is a Type I diabetic, and his stuff froze last year, he got very disoriented from illness, and had to spend three days waiting for the storm to pass before he could head out onto the sea. Thankfully the dogs were healthy all the way, and carried the teram home to Nome...mid pack, IIRC.

So, what about Lance? He pulled out of the Quest, so did he learn something which will make im stronger in Iditarod?

Or maybe one of the oldfer timers...Jeff King or Martin Buser? Swenson withdrew......

For some reason i like experience this year...no lucky dogs....Rohn Buser has withdrawn.....he is a young gun who could take it all some day. But for this year, i think experiecne in the dogs, and the driver, will take the team under the Arch first.

Pick: Mitch Seavey

Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm still undecided on who I'm rooting for.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,528,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Well....smaller field...just like the Quest.

Bruce Linton would be my favorite...sentimental reasons, but he has bowed out after last year. For those that don't know, Bruce is a Type I diabetic, and his stuff froze last year, he got very disoriented from illness, and had to spend three days waiting for the storm to pass before he could head out onto the sea. Thankfully the dogs were healthy all the way, and carried the teram home to Nome...mid pack, IIRC.

So, what about Lance? He pulled out of the Quest, so did he learn something which will make im stronger in Iditarod?

Or maybe one of the oldfer timers...Jeff King or Martin Buser? Swenson withdrew......

For some reason i like experience this year...no lucky dogs....Rohn Buser has withdrawn.....he is a young gun who could take it all some day. But for this year, i think experiecne in the dogs, and the driver, will take the team under the Arch first.

Pick: Mitch Seavey
I met the Seavey's last summer - spent a night in one of their cabins and we did a dog sled ride. I can't really compare them to anyone else as I don't know anyone else, but I definitely liked them and their outfit. All of their employees were great, helpful, and patient with us (and the other guests)...

Needless to say, I wouldn't be disappointed if they ran, and since they are the only mushers I ever met in person, that is the team I would be rooting for if I was able to watch the race in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska