Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 05:06 AM

18 posts, read 21,871 times

Advertisements

"... It’s really just two separate lists of blue states versus red states put together for leftists (and probably by leftists) where the primary metrics include “inclusiveness” and “reproductive rights.”..."

"...the bottom 10 states that CNBC ranked are such decrepit hellscapes that they also happened to be the top destinations for American movers."

"...The ten states Americans are fleeing, on the other hand, include three of the states CNBC listed as the best places to live. Massachusetts, Colorado, and Washington"

CNBC Declares Top Destination States For American Movers The ‘Worst’ Places To Live And Work

Last edited by cazimi; 07-24-2023 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: added bold text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 11:43 PM

434 posts, read 199,526 times
4th worst state?

See defying SCOTUS and ignoring the Judicial branch of the Untied States.

Another example of why most people in the USA consider Alabama on par with the good ol’days when the Dixiecrats reigned supreme.

And Governor Kay Ivey says the legislature knows what the people of Alabama want never-mind that 28% of the state is Black. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t ask their opinion.

Just…..WOW.

Old 07-25-2023, 05:44 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
4th worst state?

That is exactly what the Democrats are telling Biden to do!

Quote:
Another example of why most people in the USA consider Alabama on par with the good ol’days when the Dixiecrats reigned supreme.
Well not sure where you live but Alabama must be pretty good as it sone of the few states more folks are moving in than moving out.

Quote:
And Governor Kay Ivey says the legislature knows what the people of Alabama want never-mind that 28% of the state is Black. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t ask their opinion.

Just…..WOW.
Actually 23.9%, to have 2 out of seven would be over representation at 28.6%.
So based upon your thoughts, a black person has much different wants and needs than a white person and needs their own representation? Sound like segregation to me!

Old 07-25-2023, 06:11 AM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
4th worst state?

Just…..WOW.
So, dis-respectful!!!

Old 07-25-2023, 09:41 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
4th worst state?

Just…..WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
So, dis-respectful!!!
Actually it is 23.6% not 28%. They are asking for close to 29% representation.
Not sure what you mean by your comment?? Our governor was overwhelmingly re-elected and is rated one of the most popular in the US.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:00 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I'd rather live in Gulf Shores, Fairhope, or Huntsville than anywhere in Texas.

I lived in Birmingham for a year as a kid, & it was okay. They didn't like my Northern accent too much, but I was the hardest throwing pitcher in their youth leagues, so they let me slide.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:24 AM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
4th worst state?

Just…..WOW.

Actually it is 23.6% not 28%. They are asking for close to 29% representation.
Not sure what you mean by your comment?? Our governor was overwhelmingly re-elected and is rated one of the most popular in the US.
My comment is about how these people are constantly speaking for black people. Like we can't read or inform ourselves on what the Governor is doing.

Old 07-31-2023, 06:35 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
Quote:
4th worst state?

Just…..WOW.
Well considering that Gov. Ivey was re-elected with a large vote, and the likelihood that not all of those votes were white, I would assume that at least some portion of the black population voted for her.

Do you have statistics to back up the "most people" comment above? I've met quite a lot of people from other areas in the US who do not share in your opinion. Stop watching TV. Go out and meet people. After all, Alabama is growing... must not be too bad.

"People are moving to Alabama in larger numbers than the state has seen in at least a decade, and it’s helping to boost Alabama’s population in a time where the state continues to see more deaths than births....New population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau show Alabama gained almost 25,000 people from July 1, 2021 to July 1, 2022. But the state added more than 33,000 people through migration during that same year, meaning new arrivals made up for an otherwise shrinking population."

https://www.al.com/news/2022/12/alab...s-in-2022.html

Old 01-16-2024, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,317 times
dis-respectful!!!

Old 01-17-2024, 08:43 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
A southern man don’t need CNBC around anyhow.
Right, FOX business channel is the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama