Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 09:54 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times

Advertisements

I turned in my notice last week. Five years of "hey you", "how much", 30 hang up calls a day, aggression when I did not answer on Sunday, aggression about violent felony convictions being an eliminator, "I am going to get you", not to mention some other offers - ... .

Old 10-03-2021, 12:43 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
At the end of the day, there are extremely few opportunities for folks to get out of poverty in the rural black belt. The only option for most folks is moving somewhere else. We are not talking about places like Huntsville or Birmingham where opportunities to advance through life or a career are much easier to find. In most of the rural blackbelt the opportunities are almost nil and very few who stay behind in these places actually do experience that. You are not going to pull yourself out of poverty by working at Wal-Mart or a fast food job, and that's basically all there is to for employment in most of those places. When you have towns where every employed person practically works a dead end job this is what happens. Which is partially why places like Huntsville and Atlanta keep growing, because you cannot get ahead in these rural places.

As long as there is no opportunities in these places, poverty will always be a problem. With that being said, (this is not directed at you at all) there are some folks commenting on this thread who do not have the slightest idea about the black belt and the dynamics of it who keep derailing and hijacking this thread. They are just using this thread to talk down groups of people!!
This thread isn't about the black belt... that I'm sure of. It's only part of a rural America a small part.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:28 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,219,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
This thread isn't about the black belt... that I'm sure of. It's only part of a rural America a small part.
Nope this thread is exclusively for the Alabama Black Belt, it was laid out in the OP

Old 10-03-2021, 01:42 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
I stand corrected.... failed to read the op and jumped in late.

I'm out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama