Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 12:22 PM

271 posts, read 809,560 times

Advertisements

My wife and I along with 2 kids ( 11 and 14 ) are planning a move in July. Would anyone know about how much a 3 or 4 bdrm rents for in that area and are the schools any good? We're coming from El Paso, Texas and feel the need for some green in our lives. Also my wife works in the medical field as a MA and we were wondering if anyone knew what she might expect to make per hour? Thanks in advance for any helpfull info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM

136 posts, read 166,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
My wife and I along with 2 kids ( 11 and 14 ) are planning a move in July. Would anyone know about how much a 3 or 4 bdrm rents for in that area and are the schools any good? We're coming from El Paso, Texas and feel the need for some green in our lives. Also my wife works in the medical field as a MA and we were wondering if anyone knew what she might expect to make per hour? Thanks in advance for any helpfull info.
Cuyahoga Falls is a nice suburb of Akron. It's fairly close to Downtown Akron and not far from Canton and Cleveland. There's a nice amount of restaurants and stores (in and out of the mall) in the Howe Ave. area of Cuyahoga Falls and bordering Akron.

I'm not sure of the answers to most of your questions except the schools. As far as I know, Cuyahoga Falls has some pretty good schools, both public and private.

Cuyahoga Falls City School District

Walsh Jesuit High School

CVCA - A private, college preparatory, non-denominational, Christian junior high and high school in Northeast Ohio | Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy - CVCA

I worked in Cuyahoga Falls for about a year and my co-workers all had kids that went to all 3 of those schools and they always had good things to say about those schools. Hopefully somebody can tell you about renting and jobs in the medical field. There is a hospital in the Falls known as Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital and you are close to Akron General Hospital, Akron City Hospital, and Akron Children's Hospital.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 AM

Thank you pghcleak for the info. We'll keep researching with what you've given us and sorry for the late reply.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times
You might want to check the Akron/Canton section of Craigslist.com to see if there are any homes for rent (they usually include the Falls). As far as I know there are no apts that offer 3 & 4 bedroom unless its a duplex at the least, or a house (unless I missed something somewhere lol).
As far as renting a home...eee I would say between $650 at the absolute, absolute lowest (and that might be more of an Akron low) and on up.

CuyFalls is a nice area - safe. Lots of shopping on and around Howe Ave. including Chapel Hill Mall (Chapel Hill Mall - 330.633.1131) which is your typical mall actually in the Akron limits, and big box retailers such as Target, BestBuy and Home Depot. Multiple sit down and fast food restaurants as well.
I always say that if I ever moved from downtown Akron, Cuyahoga Falls is the only other city I would want to live in in this area.

I can't say much about schools (I don't have kids) or the medical pay. But, Summa is pretty big here (Summa Health System) - they have hospital branches in downtown Akron & CuyFalls that I am aware of. There is also Akron General (Akron General Medical Center) which is in downtown Akron. Another big one is Akron Childrens Hospital, also in downtown Akron (https://www.akronchildrens.org/).

Hope all of this has helped a bit and it wasn't too overwhelming. If you need any other help, just let me know
~D~

Old 06-07-2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks CityGrrl77 Right now it's a toss-up between Cuyahoga Falls and Prescott Az. We're researching like mad and will visit both this month. The stress of trying to make the right choice can drive you crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton