Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 03:13 PM

923 posts, read 664,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Watch this.....

The Boer Project
Its not as bad as this I can promise you.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oung-black-men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 08:43 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I guess your whole rhetoric can be ripped straight from the NOI-style pseudo-scientific racial hierarchy/history playbook, and not be an Afrocentrist then.
You seem upset.

Quote:
Did you just co-opt the same logic that racist whites use when they say "Go back to Africa."?
I don't know. Did I?

Old 08-30-2018, 06:19 AM

50 posts, read 46,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
Your post sounded reasonable but after reading it,it really is an effort to minimize the effects of a system that benefiting one group more than others for decades.
A brutal system that regulated people as second class citizens soley based on race.

Its not right to force people off their lands without some kind of fair compensation but is not fair for blacks living in poor conditions,, as the majority blacks live in South Afrca

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...land-seizures/
Be Proud

You have touched on a point that I think is creating a lot of confusion among those from around the world trying to understand the whole land debate.

There is the earlier part of the history of this region where Europeans and Bantu clashed- areas were bought, given under treaty, conquered etc. Just like every where else in history around the whole world.

Then we had more recent period in the 20th century, the modern era with cities and towns and commercial farms, where black people were forced out of homes and neighborhoods to make way for white homes or because they were too close to white areas.

The second scenario is what the land restitution program was really about. People who were removed from neighborhoods were offered compensation and clans or groups who were removed from areas where there is a perhaps a big commercial farm today were offered the same. The current owner and the government negotiated fair compensation and the deal was done. More often than not the people chose money over the actual land and life went on as usual. Sometime a deal could nto be reached and these instances received probably unwarranted airtime which showed a twisted view of the reality of the total process.

Now I dont know of anyone who has a problem with this process. Yes it was sometime complicated but it was overall progressing nicely. There was a set of criteria needed to be a claimant and there was a generous time frame to make a claim. Obviously these processes need to end at some point so we can all move on.

Then what happened? Well the useless ANC government broke everything they touched and when their supporters got restless they had to find a scapegoat so the blame the white man game started. A new period for land claims opened (apparently more people decided they needed compensation....), then radical politicians started stirring up racial tensions. Its easier to blame the white devils than to admit you are useless. That way you can continue to be useless and nobody blames you.....

So to cut a long story short we now have a situation where we are talking about "THE WHOLE COUNTRY WAS STOLEN" and the white man must give up everything and we might let some of them stay (and not kill them all).

If one agrees with this then where does it end? American whites back to Europe? England kicking out everyone not celtic and demanding compensation from Norway and Denmark? Some group calling themselves real Egyptians demanding all arabs go back across Sinai?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
Be Proud

You have touched on a point that I think is creating a lot of confusion among those from around the world trying to understand the whole land debate.

There is the earlier part of the history of this region where Europeans and Bantu clashed- areas were bought, given under treaty, conquered etc. Just like every where else in history around the whole world.

Then we had more recent period in the 20th century, the modern era with cities and towns and commercial farms, where black people were forced out of homes and neighborhoods to make way for white homes or because they were too close to white areas.

The second scenario is what the land restitution program was really about. People who were removed from neighborhoods were offered compensation and clans or groups who were removed from areas where there is a perhaps a big commercial farm today were offered the same. The current owner and the government negotiated fair compensation and the deal was done. More often than not the people chose money over the actual land and life went on as usual. Sometime a deal could nto be reached and these instances received probably unwarranted airtime which showed a twisted view of the reality of the total process.

Now I dont know of anyone who has a problem with this process. Yes it was sometime complicated but it was overall progressing nicely. There was a set of criteria needed to be a claimant and there was a generous time frame to make a claim. Obviously these processes need to end at some point so we can all move on.

Then what happened? Well the useless ANC government broke everything they touched and when their supporters got restless they had to find a scapegoat so the blame the white man game started. A new period for land claims opened (apparently more people decided they needed compensation....), then radical politicians started stirring up racial tensions. Its easier to blame the white devils than to admit you are useless. That way you can continue to be useless and nobody blames you.....

So to cut a long story short we now have a situation where we are talking about "THE WHOLE COUNTRY WAS STOLEN" and the white man must give up everything and we might let some of them stay (and not kill them all).

If one agrees with this then where does it end? American whites back to Europe? England kicking out everyone not celtic and demanding compensation from Norway and Denmark? Some group calling themselves real Egyptians demanding all arabs go back across Sinai?
Im aware of the complete history as you have described it.I have no problems with what you have stated.It just seems that all the wrong that the white South African government against non whites is being overlooked.Forget land distribution and look at it from the angle of a black SA who lived under apartheid and is still struggling as the minority controls almost everything even now as then.
Those ruling class got wealthy by subjugating people of color.Period.

Would land distribution be an issue if apartheid never existed?I dont think so if their had always been equality.
The ANC is crap.I think many South Africans see them at best as necessary evil,

My comment is resonse to the level of what some posters are describing as something as out of control and systematic killing of white farmers by the government as opposed to heavily armed criminal bandits.
My point for posting the story about police brutality is that yes it happens but is this an issue that most blacks feel stops them from living there day to day life,The difference is that police brutality is sponsored government killing.but in South African these farm killings from what i have knowledge of are not.

Both should be investigated and taken seriously

Old 08-30-2018, 09:27 AM

631 posts, read 562,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
Im aware of the complete history as you have described it.I have no problems with what you have stated.It just seems that all the wrong that the white South African government against non whites is being overlooked.Forget land distribution and look at it from the angle of a black SA who lived under apartheid and is still struggling as the minority controls almost everything even now as then.
Those ruling class got wealthy by subjugating people of color.Period.

Would land distribution be an issue if apartheid never existed?I dont think so if their had always been equality.
The ANC is crap.I think many South Africans see them at best as necessary evil,

My comment is resonse to the level of what some posters are describing as something as out of control and systematic killing of white farmers by the government as opposed to heavily armed criminal bandits.
My point for posting the story about police brutality is that yes it happens but is this an issue that most blacks feel stops them from living there day to day life,The difference is that police brutality is sponsored government killing.but in South African these farm killings from what i have knowledge of are not.

Both should be investigated and taken seriously
If Apartheid never existed, South Africa would not be today the richest, most developed country in all of Africa. Whites under Apartheid built the foundations of modern South Africa. If Europeans never colonized South Africa, the place would probably be the poorest country on the continent today.

Blacks need to get smart and avail themselves of the opportunities provided by the free market. Get smart, create wealth and buy farms from the whites via the free market. I live in the richest black-majority county in the U.S. Blacks have been buying land, building McMansions, and living high through rising up in society through education, getting good jobs, investing, etc for decades. Blacks in South Africa can do the same. Expecting the *gubmint* to do anything right is folly. Land seizures will be carried out in the most politically expedient way, if they are not stopped, and S.A. will be the worse for it. S.A. blacks might consider entrepreneurship. S.A. whites are doing it in droves now that they are barred from government jobs.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
If Apartheid never existed, South Africa would not be today the richest, most developed country in all of Africa. Whites under Apartheid built the foundations of modern South Africa. If Europeans never colonized South Africa, the place would probably be the poorest country on the continent today.

Blacks need to get smart and avail themselves of the opportunities provided by the free market. Get smart, create wealth and buy farms from the whites via the free market. I live in the richest black-majority county in the U.S. Blacks have been buying land, building McMansions, and living high through rising up in society through education, getting good jobs, investing, etc for decades. Blacks in South Africa can do the same. Expecting the *gubmint* to do anything right is folly. Land seizures will be carried out in the most politically expedient way, if they are not stopped, and S.A. will be the worse for it. S.A. blacks might consider entrepreneurship. S.A. whites are doing it in droves now that they are barred from government jobs.
Do you actually know that they are not doing that in South Africa?No you dont because they are.
Two of the 20 richest people in South Africa are black and the middle class has been growing.
What you are describing in America did not happen overnight and many blacks with a short distance in your area still live in higher levels of poverty

Old 08-30-2018, 02:01 PM

910 posts, read 1,081,804 times
The white SA's need to leave while they can. They need to take advantage of the countries that are offering asylum. Liquidate what you can, convert it all to cash, and go. Anyone who stays are only going to expose their family to violence. SA has already started down the slippery slope. The hard headed whites are going to fight. As soon as the shooting starts, the blacks in power will consider any white to be a threat, and neutralize them.

I would destroy any buildings I paid for, destroy any heavy equipment I own, and leave nothing functional behind. Whoever eventually gets the property, would need to start over from the beginning.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:08 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Here is a more balanced overview of the forces and parties regarding the land issue in South Africa, and how the more extreme forces feed off each other for political gain. Strangely, Ramphosa is actually a moderate in this fight but it's not hard to see how some political opponents can push him to go a certain way .

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...eizure/568960/

Old 08-30-2018, 11:00 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
The white SA's need to leave while they can. They need to take advantage of the countries that are offering asylum. Liquidate what you can, convert it all to cash, and go. Anyone who stays are only going to expose their family to violence.

The audacity of colonizers putting up a fight for land that was never theirs. What a sense of entitlement. These people can make a living anywhere in the world. I don't condone violence, but I don't feel bad for them. They're being given plenty of warnings.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:28 AM

50 posts, read 46,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post

The audacity of colonizers putting up a fight for land that was never theirs. What a sense of entitlement. These people can make a living anywhere in the world. I don't condone violence, but I don't feel bad for them. They're being given plenty of warnings.

You're a racist. Plain and simple. Also you seem to have slept through history class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa