Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:15 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,532,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Do you realize that Africans taught Europeans? The entire European model is based on exploitation. European identity comes from placing himself above others. What is a European without someone to oppress? An empty human being.
I suggest that you research the pre colonial history of South Africa. You will learn that the various African groups also had their wars based on the desire to expand lands under their control. The Zulus in fact were quite ruthless against their enemies.

Apartheid was wrong but that doesn't justify hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
. I only care about the history of my people .
I suggest that you do some research on the Dahomey kingdom of the 18 and 18th centuries. These folks were quite ruthless in their zeal to sell enslaved peoples to the Europeans.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Use common sense. If Africans the world over were naturally violent, white people would have been made extinct a long time ago. .
What data source do you have to show that they were the most numerous.

Face facts Africans did NOT see themselves as a monolithic group. Some groups waged wars on others to PROFITABLY benefit from the sale of enslaved peoples to the Arabs and to the Europeans.

Do you know that in the early 16th century Ashantis actually BOUGHT slaves from the Congo as they expanded their goldmines? These were purchased from the Portuguese.

Are you a child?

Old 09-04-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
So subjugated, killed and tortured in fact they managed to go from about 2 million to nearly 50 million in about a hundred years. Bad, bad white people for not giving schools, medical facilities and modern nutrition.
These are the attitudes that guarantee that the EFF will defeat the ANC. I bet you don't live in South Africa. If you do you don't seem to be too intelligent. Clearly if a large % of a population feel dispossessed at some point they will react.

I would think that white South Africans would be leading discussions on land reform in South Africa as well as ways to reduce income inequality. Take a page from your fellow white settlers from Barbados. They understood that their lives would be better if the majority black population of that island didn't feel alienated.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 AM

50 posts, read 46,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
These are the attitudes that guarantee that the EFF will defeat the ANC. I bet you don't live in South Africa. If you do you don't seem to be too intelligent. Clearly if a large % of a population feel dispossessed at some point they will react.

I would think that white South Africans would be leading discussions on land reform in South Africa as well as ways to reduce income inequality. Take a page from your fellow white settlers from Barbados. They understood that their lives would be better if the majority black population of that island didn't feel alienated.
I fear it is you who doesn't live in South Africa and arent too intelligent.. I do and I farm so feel very much at the coal face.

I do not argue that a large percentage feel dispossessed. Its whether their feelings are based on fact or propaganda. You seem to think the EFF might defeat the ANC because white people are dragging their feet. Oh so wrong you are. Whites have overwhelmingly supported and complied with whatever has been asked and demanded. The problem is the terms of the peace treaty keep changing, the goal posts keep shifting and the powers that be continue to plunder and mismanage like there is no tomorrow. The people arent getting serviced and when they start taking action they are led astray by the Blame Whitey deflection. And it works...

So you seem to know how wrong we are doing things, whats your brilliant solution?

Old 09-06-2018, 12:13 PM

124 posts, read 145,945 times
Quote:
There's a very big difference between actually being dispossessed and simply having envy because a certain group is more successful than your own group.

Quote:
I would think that white South Africans would be leading discussions on land reform in South Africa as well as ways to reduce income inequality.
If anything, White South Africans should be leading discussions on how to create their own separate nation for themselves, a larger version of Orania. Things have become much too violent, If I were a Boer I simply would no longer trust the SA government, they're a bunch of demented liars and crooks.

The only good way to reduce income inequality is for the poor to get educated & learn new job skills so they can attain more profitable careers. That requires motivation and hard work!

Quote:
Take a page from your fellow white settlers from Barbados. They understood that their lives would be better if the majority black population of that island didn't feel alienated.
Blacks on Barbados make up over 90% of the population -- if anyone feels alienated, then I'd imagine it would be the tiny minority of whites on the island.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:57 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
I'm struck by how similar the South Africa situation is to Orwell's book Animal Farm. An unfair leader class is overthrown only to have the new class of leaders become every bit as bad. Any criticism of the new leaders leads to the question of "Yeah, but do you what the old leaders back? Of course you don't!".

Old 09-09-2018, 10:04 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
I suggest that you do some research on the Dahomey kingdom of the 18 and 18th centuries. These folks were quite ruthless in their zeal to sell enslaved peoples to the Europeans.
The Dahomey were savages. I don't believe they were Israelites (thus, not my people ). Which makes sense Biblically, because Israelites did not sell their own into slavery. Hamites sold Israelites (and people from different tribes) into captivity. This legacy continues today...but the "slaughter" these days is mostly corporate backstabbing. You'll also note that in Africa, there are still tribal lines. The Africans in America are only bound by economic status and "otherness". They can bond over those things in a foreign land. Black Americans are always one people...just like the Israelites. We are also welcoming to those outside of our clan. Just like the Israelites.

Are you noticing a pattern with how I discuss various groups of the diaspora?

Old 09-09-2018, 10:18 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
What data source do you have to show that they were the most numerous.

Face facts Africans did NOT see themselves as a monolithic group. Some groups waged wars on others to PROFITABLY benefit from the sale of enslaved peoples to the Arabs and to the Europeans.

Do you know that in the early 16th century Ashantis actually BOUGHT slaves from the Congo as they expanded their goldmines? These were purchased from the Portuguese.

Are you a child?

You obviously are not understanding where I'm getting at. I know Africans are tribal. I don't know much about the Ashanti; however, Israelites mixed in with other African tribes to escape persecution. They blended in with those tribes because of skin color; however, they were not of those tribes. So some people that are called "Ashanti" were not Ashanti but Israelites. Any tribe who engaged in human trafficking with Europeans were selling Israelites, or people from other Hamite tribes. So if the Ashanti were buying slaves, they were probably not buying their own. I know Africans do not see themselves as a monolithic group. They only do that in America because this is not their home. Many (if not all) of those African kingdoms were Israelite kingdoms. It's kinda like how people thought Moses was Egyptian but he wasn't. Do you now understand where I'm coming from? I am not asking you to accept my Biblical interpretation of the world's history, but I think you don't realize I am making distinctions between Israelites and Hamites. Modern day Africans are descended from Ham. Modern day native people are descendants of Israelites. They often share skin color similarities and so get confused for each other. Also, descendants of Israelites, all of whom have had their histories erased or altered, often don't know their bloodline isn't "African".

Old 09-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
I fear it is you who doesn't live in South Africa and arent too intelligent.. I do and I farm so feel very much at the coal face.

?

Take up your screams with those who vote ANC and EFF. They LIVE IN South Africa and many are less tolerant towards you than I would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa