Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 02:21 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,532,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
TIf anything, White South Africans should be leading discussions on how to create their own separate nation for themselves,.
Funny this. No argument that you can raise will suggest that any part of that country should belong to whites and to whites only. I suggest that those who raise that argument might risk a fast departure to the Netherlands and the other European origins of the Boers.

The reality is that others occupied these lands before whites did. It doesn't matter whether it was the Bantu or Khoesan speakers. What all know is that it wasn't Europeans. So demanding a special land for whites is silly. If living among blacks bothers you then find some isolated corner in Europe and flee there.

White survival depends on South Africa truly evolving into a land where its multi ethnic identity is respected and that all feel equally involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
The Dahomey were savages?
You sound very much like the Europeans of the 18th century.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You obviously are not understanding where I'm getting at. I know Africans are tribal. I don't know much about the Ashanti; however, Israelites mixed in with other African tribes to escape persecution.
You don't know about a major West African ethnic group and yet you scream to Africans about what Africa is. Bringing in a fantasy story from the Middle East to justify this!

Old 09-10-2018, 03:11 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You sound very much like the Europeans of the 18th century.
Sacrificing humans, using human bones and teeth in flooring and other things doesn't sound savage to you? The Dahomey kingdom is modern day Benin. The Israelite Kingdom of Benin is different. If Dahomey were Israelite (which I don't think they were) then they were reeeeeally far gone. To my knowledge, none of the Israelite kingdoms (like the Mali empire) engaged in behavior to this extreme. I acknowledge that I'm not well-versed in this history, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
You don't know about a major West African ethnic group and yet you scream to Africans about what Africa is. Bringing in a fantasy story from the Middle East to justify this!
You're entitled to your beliefs. I'm not African, so outside of its relevance to my history, I really don't need to know about African culture. Too busy trying to piece together the history stolen from my people. Africans know their background, for the most part.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:41 PM

124 posts, read 145,979 times
Quote:
Funny this. No argument that you can raise will suggest that any part of that country should belong to whites and to whites only.
I would make the same argument that the jews made for Israel, it's a matter of survival, and wishing to escape from other groups that intend to commit violence and murder against them.

If the Boers weren't being murdered and attacked by blacks at such high rates, then I wouldn't be making that argument. But the Boers are facing what might amount to a genocide, so I think it would be in their best interest to survive, and survival might entail their own separate nation.

Quote:
I suggest that those who raise that argument might risk a fast departure to the Netherlands and the other European origins of the Boers.
I'm sure many Boers might like to return to Europe if they had the money or opportunity to do so. Europe is vastly better than South Africa in almost every way.

Quote:
The reality is that others occupied these lands before whites did.
The region of southern Africa was sparsely inhabited, with certain portions occupied by groups of Khoisan people. European settlers and Bantu invaders & migrants came later.

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether it was the Bantu or Khoesan speakers.
Khoisan people were there first, that is a known fact.

Quote:
What all know is that it wasn't Europeans.
Who cares?
Immigration & diversity is sometimes a good thing. In the case of South Africa, there would be no nation at all if not for the Europeans who built the modern cities, established a functioning government, and planned the infrastructure. As a result of the European immigrants, South Africa is still one of the most successful nations in Africa.

Quote:
So demanding a special land for whites is silly.
No it's not.
Similar cases were made for Swaziland and Lesotho. Swaziland is home to ethnic Swazis.
If ethnic Swazis can have their own homeland, why not ethnic Boers?

Quote:
If living among blacks bothers you then find some isolated corner in Europe and flee there.
I don't live among blacks. I live in the United States in a mostly white town on an island off the Atlantic coast.

Quote:
White survival depends on South Africa truly evolving into a land where its multi ethnic identity is respected and that all feel equally involved.
I agree, BUT if the violence against the Boers continues then they might have no choice but to have a separate home for themselves.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:49 PM

124 posts, read 145,979 times
Quote:
You obviously are not understanding where I'm getting at. I know Africans are tribal. I don't know much about the Ashanti; however, Israelites mixed in with other African tribes to escape persecution. They blended in with those tribes because of skin color; however, they were not of those tribes. So some people that are called "Ashanti" were not Ashanti but Israelites. Any tribe who engaged in human trafficking with Europeans were selling Israelites, or people from other Hamite tribes. So if the Ashanti were buying slaves, they were probably not buying their own. I know Africans do not see themselves as a monolithic group. They only do that in America because this is not their home. Many (if not all) of those African kingdoms were Israelite kingdoms. It's kinda like how people thought Moses was Egyptian but he wasn't. Do you now understand where I'm coming from? I am not asking you to accept my Biblical interpretation of the world's history, but I think you don't realize I am making distinctions between Israelites and Hamites. Modern day Africans are descended from Ham. Modern day native people are descendants of Israelites. They often share skin color similarities and so get confused for each other. Also, descendants of Israelites, all of whom have had their histories erased or altered, often don't know their bloodline isn't "African".

From what historical sources did you learn of Israelites mixing with African tribes to escape persecution?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:44 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
From what historical sources did you learn of Israelites mixing with African tribes to escape persecution?

The scriptures (Bible and Quran). I realize this is not an acceptable historical source for many people , but I think a lot of the text is allegorical. Things move in cycles. The history of the world coincides with the stories written in these books. Change the names of people and places, and you'll find it's as true today as it was back then (whenever "then" was).

Old 09-11-2018, 11:04 PM

24,602 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
What data source do you have to show that they were the most numerous.

Face facts Africans did NOT see themselves as a monolithic group. Some groups waged wars on others to PROFITABLY benefit from the sale of enslaved peoples to the Arabs and to the Europeans.

Do you know that in the early 16th century Ashantis actually BOUGHT slaves from the Congo as they expanded their goldmines? These were purchased from the Portuguese.

Are you a child?
Good post and well stated. Africans were exploiting themselves long before Europe arrived.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:32 AM

178 posts, read 230,298 times
Quote:
Use common sense. If Africans the world over were naturally violent, white people would have been made extinct a long time ago. They are VASTLY outnumbered the world over. Europeans are the actual minority making war on everyone else. Open your eyes. If Africans taught Europeans to make war, they would have already wiped them off the planet by virtue of being outmanned and outsmarted. Africans civilized Europeans, and Europeans turned around and stabbed them in the back. Quite literally.

AGREED lets look at FACTS. The entire continent of Africa does not own any active nuclear weapons.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:42 AM

178 posts, read 230,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
These comments don't correspond to what I responded "African civilized Europeans". We don't actually know how "black" the first man was, his shade hasn't been determined. But for sure he looked significant different than West African and Western Europeans. But for clarification in case you're wondering yep science does indicate we're from the same ancestral tribe.

We don't know what the first man looked like. FYI what if the present day West Africans migrated to West Africa from another area on the continent. The way land appears today does not dictate what the land was like all the time. Lets look at the U.S., majority Caucasian when history tells us that the previous settlers were not Caucasian in appearance but brown skinned indigenous people aka Native Americans, not the mixed up bunch we see today. Look at historical pictures, drawing depictions from centuries ago and you will see that Native Americans were of brown complexion. Therefore one cannot completely determine whether the first man looks different from West Africans.

In fact West Africans come in all shades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa