Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,021,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Gold star congrats threads are for celebrating a poster's contributions yes?
I wouldn't know, Jaxson. I don't, and won't, participate in those. I think they're a little this side of silly.

Quote:
We celebrate in real life when our friends accomplish things why not on the Internet when one reaches an accomplishment?
I suppose you and I have different interpretations of what an accomplishment is.

Quote:
Now I need to go cook.
Excellent idea! Same here.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,314,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I wouldn't know, Jaxson. I don't, and won't, participate in those. I think they're a little this side of silly.

I suppose you and I have different interpretations of what an accomplishment is.

Excellent idea! Same here.

Gosh, I am sure am glad we can all agree to disagree without resorting to the belittlement of others - well, most of us can - otherwise some would be tempted to "give" as good as they "got"? Hmmmmm.......viva la different interpretations!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,021,595 times
Please, who's belittling others? I gave my opinion of a type of topic here at C-D in response to it being brought up as an example in a post to me. I also think golf is a bit silly... and boring... are you going to suggest golfers and golf fans are being belittled?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,278,838 times
Hey, this is not something to argue about. The so called "repping stations" have been removed or closed precisely because of their intent and we ask that no new ones are created.

As to reducing rep power in threads, we try to do the same with most chat threads, we just can't see all of them all the time. Therefore, if you see one, feel free to DM Administrator so that he can make adjustments.

Again, we are planning some more changes in the reputation system but for now it will remain the way it is.

Thanks for your opinions. Unfortunately, there's no way to make everyone happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum