Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,200,602 times

Advertisements

or thread in wrong area multiple times with no reply or the thread moved. So next time I report it I ask if I can please be told why its not moved as I will stop wasting their time & mine reporting the threads. No repdlies so what do we do?

Now I understand in some areas certain threads are quite long if that is the reason not to merge then why not close the old thread saying it has gotten to long? Frustrating to seek info on a subject to have to look into multiple threads when it is easier to have it contained in one thread to reference at least to me it is. Plus it doesn't clutter up the forums.

As a bonus I think it would be fabulous at the top of each section if there were a list of mods for that area.

Thank you mods for all you do as always and thank you admin for all you do as well for us to share info.

Last edited by Jaxson; 07-15-2013 at 08:43 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
As a bonus I think it would be fabulous at the top of each section if there were a list of mods for that area.
This^

Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,798,868 times
Quote:
This is the most accurate and most up to date list, which contains the over 350 "section"'s and which moderators cover each of those areas. Just click on that: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ator-list.html

It looks like it was updated 5 days ago....

Rich

Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
This is the most accurate and most up to date list, which contains the over 350 "section"'s and which moderators cover each of those areas. Just click on that: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ator-list.html

It looks like it was updated 5 days ago....

Rich
Yes thank you but I was thinking for newbies it would be helpful to have the mods listed at the top of each section for that section. I was here a long time before I knew or ventured around to find this area about the forum. There are long time posters still here that don't know about this section when mentioned in other threads even.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,798,868 times
Quote:
Yes thank you but I was thinking for newbies it would be helpful to have the mods listed at the top of each section for that section. I was here a long time before I knew or ventured around to find this area about the forum. There are long time posters still here that don't know about this section when mentioned in other threads even.
I don't believe posting who the moderators are in over 350 locations is really going to help new users. But if I am wrong, it isn't going to be me who does it...

I think new users need to know where this forum is. About the Forum.

They might learn something by glancing at the FAQ forum...

And of course the Terms of Service with they agreed to when they registered: Terms of Service

Getting back to the original question. "Reporting duplicate threads". If you feel a thread is duplicated, report one thread, paste the URL to the other thread in the comments. And explain how they are duplicates...

Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Getting back to the original question. "Reporting duplicate threads". If you feel a thread is duplicated, report one thread, paste the URL to the other thread in the comments. And explain how they are duplicates...
I do all that yet the multi threads remain with no explanation from the mod when I ask specifically to please explain to me how this is not duplicating. No response, no removal, no merging nada here's an example but not actual thread titles.

Moderator cut: no details, please

Last edited by Marka; 07-16-2013 at 12:24 AM..

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,273,395 times
I have an idea about the specifics you provided but it's my personal idea. Only the local moderator can give you the accurate reason so please, contact them.

If they don't respond, please remember that our mods are volunteers here and they sometimes may not have enough time to reply to every such question, even the most polite. If they got such a question for every other action they take, they'd have to spend twice that much time explaining themselves.

For the most part, our team is helpful, though. They will try to help with any problems you might have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum