Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM

729 posts, read 311,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Patterson's widow gave access to the original/master of the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film to a guy name Todd Gatewood, who painstakingly remastered it...
The film is highly extrapolated and interpolated, meaning it fills in tiny bits, the pixels, into the picture when the film is blown up and is essentially only blurry fuzz. Basically he is creating the image himself, creating his (M.K. Davis') own evidence to fit his theory. It's not otherwise possible with any technology, even with the original reel, to clean up the grainy 16mm video in such detail without basically drawing in your own interpretation of the "creature".
So his conclusion is that the image is "human". "This is the face of a human being" he states. His theory is that this image is of a remnant member of an Indian tribe that had been cut off from civilization. He then claims the Patterson-Gimlin took part in a massacre of these human(oid) people. Pretty wacky, even in the Bigfoot community.

https://texascryptidhunter.blogspot....-mk-davis.html

M.K. Davis is about as big a con-man as Patterson was.

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 03-16-2024 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 05:08 AM

6,998 posts, read 6,919,721 times
rstevens62, yes he was not very well and hasn't been back for ages, so I guess he has gone to the big City-Data forum in the sky like we all will eventually. He was a pretty regular poster so he would have posted if he could I reckon.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:13 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,593,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
The film is highly extrapolated and interpolated, meaning it fills in tiny bits, the pixels, into the picture when the film is blown up and is essentially only blurry fuzz. Basically he is creating the image himself, creating his (M.K. Davis') own evidence to fit his theory. It's not otherwise possible with any technology, even with the original reel, to clean up the grainy 16mm video in such detail without basically drawing in your own interpretation of the "creature".
So his conclusion is that the image is "human". "This is the face of a human being" he states. His theory is that this image is of a remnant member of an Indian tribe that had been cut off from civilization. He then claims the Patterson-Gimlin took part in a massacre of these human(oid) people. Pretty wacky, even in the Bigfoot community.

https://texascryptidhunter.blogspot....-mk-davis.html

M.K. Davis is about as big a con-man as Patterson was.
Yes, the film was faked. It was a human in a costume. It was Bob Hieronimus. There was a record news story about this which I saw a few years ago, now. Bob was interviewed and shared his story revealing that he was the person Patterson hired. The shot was staged to show a Bigfoot walking along a path that Patterson just so happens to see. When you see Bob in the news story and see his height, posture and gait and then look again at the Patterson-Gimlin film, it's as clear as day that Bob was telling the truth.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:15 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,593,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
rstevens62, yes he was not very well and hasn't been back for ages, so I guess he has gone to the big City-Data forum in the sky like we all will eventually. He was a pretty regular poster so he would have posted if he could I reckon.
I remember rstevens being a regular poster here for years. Apparently, something has happened concerning his health or life that prevents him from returning.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:14 PM

133 posts, read 25,766 times
Is it possible that they could be a species of Alien you can never find anything but footprints and hair maybe the odd photo.You would think by now we would of found something covering most of the land people have been almost everywhere.But nothing - its like they just disappear with no signs at all of where they came from or live someone should of found something by now there are people who do it as a weekend activity.That's the part I don't get there has to be more evidence of them being here other than hair and foot prints or there is another explanation.I'm not going to say they don't exist people have told me and I believe they saw something.You can write off most as maybe not true but there are clear incidents that cannot be explained.

Old 05-10-2024, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Is it possible that they could be a species of Alien you can never find anything but footprints and hair maybe the odd photo.You would think by now we would of found something covering most of the land people have been almost everywhere.But nothing - its like they just disappear with no signs at all of where they came from or live someone should of found something by now there are people who do it as a weekend activity.That's the part I don't get there has to be more evidence of them being here other than hair and foot prints or there is another explanation.I'm not going to say they don't exist people have told me and I believe they saw something.You can write off most as maybe not true but there are clear incidents that cannot be explained.
yes there are clear incidents but there are people on here (C-D) who just cannot believe. I say 'cannot' because it seems too much of a stretch for their mind that there is something out there which they and we dont have proof for. If it exists in this reality then they have to poke it with a stick - either dead or alive.

We do have footprints which appear to disappear, almost as if the maker of those footprints have walked into another dimension. Maybe they have.

We have lights associated with Sasquatch/Bigfoot which would suggest that they are not as physical as we humans are.

We have a language of sorts which some people suspect might be what they use. It is said to sound a little like some Asian language.

We have reports of invisibility.

We also have reports that the government knows about them too, but is hiding it from the public.

All these reports are just too fantastic to believe for folks who need their world to be nice and predictable for them to feel safe. I suspect some of these folk go out into the woods to go camping, hiking, fishing, etc and would feel unsafe out there if they thought there were large hairy beasts which were unpredictable out there too. Added to that the conspiracy that the government may know about them but is not admitting to the public. Possibly due to the loss of the huge revenue from hunting/fishing/camping/walking which would take a large hit should this be found to be true.

For the rest of us who believe there might be something out there, we have to account for all these repeated reports of strange behaviour. How can an animal/hominid be like this in our world which we (science) pretend we know almost everything about? A creature which can do these things is unthinkable and certainly not like anything which has been found by science as yet. So where does that leave us?

Old 05-10-2024, 11:18 AM

133 posts, read 25,766 times
The Navajo nation has had a lot of these encounters.I watched a Netflix show where the Navajo Police were told to take the investigations seriously they talk about some very strange encounters.One was a family of these creatures that looked starved and one of the adults was trying to enter the house turning the door knob but got scared away when it tried.There were two adults and two young ones.Scared the hell out of the people in the house.Navajos claim that there are some living on their land and other creatures.You have to decide for yourself on these things until evidence is found. I don't believe they were lying.They even claimed to have see the Wendigo on the side of the road.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-10-2024 at 11:31 AM..

Old 05-10-2024, 03:21 PM

2,456 posts, read 1,708,483 times
Quote:
yes there are clear incidents but there are people on here (C-D) who just cannot believe. I say 'cannot' because it seems too much of a stretch for their mind that there is something out there which they and we dont have proof for. If it exists in this reality then they have to poke it with a stick - either dead or alive.

We do have footprints which appear to disappear, almost as if the maker of those footprints have walked into another dimension. Maybe they have.

We have lights associated with Sasquatch/Bigfoot which would suggest that they are not as physical as we humans are.

We have a language of sorts which some people suspect might be what they use. It is said to sound a little like some Asian language.

We have reports of invisibility.

We also have reports that the government knows about them too, but is hiding it from the public.

All these reports are just too fantastic to believe for folks who need their world to be nice and predictable for them to feel safe. I suspect some of these folk go out into the woods to go camping, hiking, fishing, etc and would feel unsafe out there if they thought there were large hairy beasts which were unpredictable out there too. Added to that the conspiracy that the government may know about them but is not admitting to the public. Possibly due to the loss of the huge revenue from hunting/fishing/camping/walking which would take a large hit should this be found to be true.

For the rest of us who believe there might be something out there, we have to account for all these repeated reports of strange behaviour. How can an animal/hominid be like this in our world which we (science) pretend we know almost everything about? A creature which can do these things is unthinkable and certainly not like anything which has been found by science as yet. So where does that leave us?
That makes zero sense. If you don't believe in something why by any stretch of the imagination would you be afraid of it. This is just one of many things believers post to make themselves feel better.

To the extreme majority of non believers believing in bigfoot is exactly the same as believing in the tooth fairy or a cartoon Santa being real, no more no less. It really is just that simple with no government conspiracies or fear of any kind.

If there is ever any real proof I would be more than happy to admit being wrong. For a couple decades I was a believer but that changed a long time ago.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
That makes zero sense. If you don't believe in something why by any stretch of the imagination would you be afraid of it. This is just one of many things believers post to make themselves feel better.

To the extreme majority of non believers believing in bigfoot is exactly the same as believing in the tooth fairy or a cartoon Santa being real, no more no less. It really is just that simple with no government conspiracies or fear of any kind.

If there is ever any real proof I would be more than happy to admit being wrong. For a couple decades I was a believer but that changed a long time ago.

Except that there is more circumstancial evidence of Bigfoot than there is for either Santa or a Tooth Fairy.

Just because you USED to believe does not make you more believable now that you do not. Everyone is generally different, but in some respects we are not - like we all want others to believe the same as us, and unfortunately, telling us you USED to be a believer does not make it more likely you are correct and others are wrong in what they believe.

If you rely on evidence or 'proof' then there is more evidence that Bigfoot exists than there is that it doesnt - simply because you cannot prove something doesn't exist. 'Real proof' to you means proof that you accept, which may not be the same for others - right? And really... Who cares if you accept the evidence or not, and who cares if you admit to being wrong either. Like you are some authority or god.

Fear is a funny thing, and it appears where you dont expect it. Fear of loss of income, fear of loss of housing, fear of being alone, all these fears are ones which are not obvious and drive many people to do strange things. It underlies lots of motivations and personal agendas.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:14 AM

2,456 posts, read 1,708,483 times
Quote:
Except that there is more circumstancial evidence of Bigfoot than there is for either Santa or a Tooth Fairy.

Just because you USED to believe does not make you more believable now that you do not. Everyone is generally different, but in some respects we are not - like we all want others to believe the same as us, and unfortunately, telling us you USED to be a believer does not make it more likely you are correct and others are wrong in what they believe.

If you rely on evidence or 'proof' then there is more evidence that Bigfoot exists than there is that it doesnt - simply because you cannot prove something doesn't exist. 'Real proof' to you means proof that you accept, which may not be the same for others - right? And really... Who cares if you accept the evidence or not, and who cares if you admit to being wrong either. Like you are some authority or god.

Fear is a funny thing, and it appears where you dont expect it. Fear of loss of income, fear of loss of housing, fear of being alone, all these fears are ones which are not obvious and drive many people to do strange things. It underlies lots of motivations and personal agendas.
Actually I would bet way more of the population actually believe in the Tooth Fary and Santa than Bigfoot. Ask any little kid and that quarter under the pillow is WAY more proof than ANYTHING Bigfoot related.

The part I made bold is the absolute silliest thing. YOU are the one that acts like that every time someone doesn't agree with you. You always expect everyone to just believe your outrageous claims that never have even a spec of evidence. Then when anyone posts something you don't believe you demand evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal