Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 03:53 PM

335 posts, read 665,465 times

Advertisements

I honestly feel that if Bigfoot is real its existance will be proven by a chance encounter not a planned expedition. Some hunter will see one, put a bullet in its head, and end the controversey once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 09:14 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
I honestly feel that if Bigfoot is real its existance will be proven by a chance encounter not a planned expedition. Some hunter will see one, put a bullet in its head, and end the controversey once and for all.
According to the die-hard Bigfoot crowd, lots of hunters and hikers have undeniable proof of Bigfoot, but the Big Bad Government silences them, sometimes with death. Big Bad Government also apparently pays Bigfoot skeptics to come on these messageboards to criticize the truth about Bigfoot.

Despite my many pleas for the Big Bad Government to sign me up for a paycheck to not believe in Bigfoot, no one has contacted me yet.

Putting the offer out there again. Sign me up!

Old 02-19-2024, 10:33 AM

1,169 posts, read 644,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
According to the die-hard Bigfoot crowd, lots of hunters and hikers have undeniable proof of Bigfoot, but the Big Bad Government silences them, sometimes with death. Big Bad Government also apparently pays Bigfoot skeptics to come on these messageboards to criticize the truth about Bigfoot.
You are talking about a very tiny percentage of the "Bigfoot" crowd. Basically the most extreme conspiracy crowd that are certain that the shadow government exists and also have a secret deal with the Greys.

There are plenty of stories about hunters encountering Bigfoots. It makes lots of sense, because who else would be in the deep forests more consistently than hunters?

Most of them are "sudden" encounters, so by the time the shock wears off - the hairy dude (or dudette) has disappeared back into the thick flora and the chance for a shot (by firearm or camera) has passed.

I personally am not a hunter, but if I were and did encounter a "hairy beast", I would not shoot at it unless my life was in danger. Killing an unknown life for no reason is wrong. Also, for all you know it's a dude in a hairy suit and shooting at it would constitute manslaughter or even murder.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:19 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
You are talking about a very tiny percentage of the "Bigfoot" crowd.
Granted. But as with most groups, it is the fringe that tends to be the loudest and most vocal. There used to be a frequent poster here who genuinely believed the government was suppressing the truth about Bigfoot, sometimes with violence, and he accused me and others of being paid plants who hung out here to suppress the truth. He was completely sincere.

I miss him. I was genuinely sad when he stopped posting. I actually really enjoy engaging in people who disagree with me.

Old 02-19-2024, 06:25 PM

17,865 posts, read 13,795,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
Well they've had a couple hundred years to do that and nobody has managed to do so. I would think the hunters are due.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:29 AM

8,914 posts, read 6,944,490 times
Billions(?) of hiking or hunting trips, often by people with cameras around their necks, have turned up nothing. And now everyone wears a camera, or even a bodycam or go-pro. There are even night-vision goggles and heat-sensing cameras. It's hard to imagine all of that missing a 300-pound creature walking upright.

And of course, some nuts will always think there's a coverup...one so effective that it's caught EVERY incident BEFORE real evidence is posted online. If someone had video, it would be on FB the moment they hit the cafe on the way back.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:47 AM

2,456 posts, read 1,709,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Granted. But as with most groups, it is the fringe that tends to be the loudest and most vocal. There used to be a frequent poster here who genuinely believed the government was suppressing the truth about Bigfoot, sometimes with violence, and he accused me and others of being paid plants who hung out here to suppress the truth. He was completely sincere.

I miss him. I was genuinely sad when he stopped posting. I actually really enjoy engaging in people who disagree with me.
Couldn't agree more with the bold part. I miss a few of the bigfoot believers and the dogman believer. I really enjoy the back and fourth with believers because I am a former believer. Whether I believe it or not I appreciate a response that is not just complaining about nonbelievers posting.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:46 AM

729 posts, read 312,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Billions(?) of hiking or hunting trips, often by people with cameras around their necks, have turned up nothing. And now everyone wears a camera, or even a bodycam or go-pro. There are even night-vision goggles and heat-sensing cameras. It's hard to imagine all of that missing a 300-pound creature walking upright.

And of course, some nuts will always think there's a coverup...one so effective that it's caught EVERY incident BEFORE real evidence is posted online. If someone had video, it would be on FB the moment they hit the cafe on the way back.
Not to mention the unmanned game cameras everywhere...

Old 02-25-2024, 04:04 PM

7,156 posts, read 4,879,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Couldn't agree more with the bold part. I miss a few of the bigfoot believers and the dogman believer. I really enjoy the back and fourth with believers because I am a former believer. Whether I believe it or not I appreciate a response that is not just complaining about nonbelievers posting.
I think about him, wonder where he went. I think he was pretty sick just before he stopped posting. I miss him too, although I don’t really frequent this forum much.

Old 03-15-2024, 04:56 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,086,622 times
Patterson's widow gave access to the original/master of the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film to a guy name Todd Gatewood, who painstakingly remastered it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBawDTT34uU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal