Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 12:54 PM

3 posts, read 13,501 times

Advertisements

Already checked out Western Carolina in the Asheville area along
with Chapel Hill and Cary areas.

Now heading to Myrtle Beach area during spring break and during the summer
months to help decide what is the best place to relocate once the
second child moves onto college in a couple of years.

Liked Asheville, NC tremendously and did not like Cary areas.

Heading to see some areas in Brunswick County, North Carolina near
Calabash and Wilmington.

But the reason for my question is what can anyone tell me about Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island?

We are not specifically looking to be near the water or have waterfront property but are willing to spend anywhere from the 300-400's for something nice with good medical, nice community (preferably gated with clubhouse), good shopping, good restaurants, sports activities and a nice place to retire although we have not hit the magical 50 age yet.

The realtor we were speaking to was really trying to shove those areas down our throat even though he was not listening to what we were telling him.

Any comparisons between the Brunswick County area in NC to the areas adjacent to Myrtle Beach?

We are heading down from New Jersey so we want a quieter, more peaceful place to be without all the congestion or touristy areas.

Thanks for anyone taking the time to read or share their thoughts.

Have a great day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,878,550 times
Here are a few threads that may help you on Pawleys Island, Litchfield & Murrells Inlte:

Moving to SC: North or South of Georgetown?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/south...l-s-inlet.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/south...retire-sc.html
Surfside Beach, Murrells Inlet, or Pawleys Isalnd, Help me make a choice

There are many, many choices that would fit your criteria in the South Strand. I am not very familiar with Brunswick County but the few times that I have driven through it seemed much less developed than Horry & coastal Georgetwon Counties. I liked Sunset Beach.

Let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for & maybe I could point you in the right direction.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,840 times
Hello mgspooky,

South Carolina Relocation - Want To Relocate To South Carolina? Get Prices, Tips & Info. Free Quote ([SIZE=-1]www.Move.com[/SIZE])

Murrells Inlet New Homes - Search for new home communities by price, distance & location at iNest ([SIZE=-1]www.iNest.com[/SIZE])

I live in Southport, NC along the southern portion of Brunswick County. I work in the real estate business. For our area a great place to check information is :Southport Oak Island North Carolina Chamber of Commerce . I believe any area you are considering checking out their chamber of commerce site will be helpful.
If you would like me to send a packet - let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina