Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 10:28 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Antonio View Post
Are you suggesting there are in USA as crazy fans as there are in Argentina, with the only difference about the kind of sport?
I am not. I am equating their craziness only in the amount of money they are willing to spend to see their sport. The post I responded to said soccer fans take time off work and spend lots of money to see soccer., said in a derogatory way. But plenty of American sports fans do that. 1/4 of the country probably called out of work today because the Superbowl went into overtime. People that went paid upwards of $10,000, easily, just for the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 10:39 AM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I am not. I am equating their craziness only in the amount of money they are willing to spend to see their sport. The post I responded to said soccer fans take time off work and spend lots of money to see soccer., said in a derogatory way. But plenty of American sports fans do that. 1/4 of the country probably called out of work today because the Superbowl went into overtime. People that went paid upwards of $10,000, easily, just for the ticket.
$10,000 was the cheapest ticket in the stadium in a nosebleed behind a pole, most paid significantly more than that, suites were a million dollars. The airport was marked full as it was overloaded with private jets. Vegas is the only place that can pull something like that off. The Taylor Swift effect, and location just made it a weekend hangout spot for the rich and celebrities.

Old 02-12-2024, 04:32 PM

268 posts, read 57,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The USA was lucky enough to win the Bid and Met Life got the final, my hope is that the USMT is good enough to make the final 4 let alone the finale in Met Life. If this bothers you you need to examine your own life.
Well... I have opened another post (Fans in sport)where we can discuss this topic more specifically, since I think we are falling off topic of in this thread.

Last edited by Luis Antonio; 02-12-2024 at 04:46 PM..

Old 02-12-2024, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I am not. I am equating their craziness only in the amount of money they are willing to spend to see their sport.
In other words, you're saying yes.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:01 PM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Antonio View Post
In other words, you're saying yes.
When you referred to soccer fans as crazy in your response to me, I was assuming you meant the many incidents of violence/crushing each other/attacking players, that kind of thing - in one gruesome story from 2013, a referee in Brazil stabbed a player on the field, killing him, and later the referee was beheaded by angry fans).

My "crazy" referred only to the money spent on following respective sports whether international soccer fans or American sports fans. Because to me it was odd to single soccer fans out for spending more than they can afford on their sport of choice (aside from absurd attendance costs even for regular season games, how many Americans lost the grocery money betting on just last night's game?). Hopefully that clarifies it.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:14 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
$10,000 was the cheapest ticket in the stadium in a nosebleed behind a pole, most paid significantly more than that, suites were a million dollars. The airport was marked full as it was overloaded with private jets. Vegas is the only place that can pull something like that off. The Taylor Swift effect, and location just made it a weekend hangout spot for the rich and celebrities.
No seats behind polls here.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRYTOoMOXHk

I agree no one was interested in the game , they were there for Taylor Swift.

Old 02-12-2024, 06:51 PM

Quote:

My "crazy" referred only to the money spent on following respective sports whether international soccer fans or American sports fans. Because to me it was odd to single soccer fans out for spending more than they can afford on their sport of choice (aside from absurd attendance costs even for regular season games, how many Americans lost the grocery money betting on just last night's game?). Hopefully that clarifies it.
Don't worry, I get you. I just played the sarcastic role a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey