Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times

Advertisements

well, hmmm. let's see

http://www.pbase.com/phillytrax/imag...8/original.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 10:22 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,585,236 times
Here in St. Paul: Mostly Irish flags, followed by a distant Sweden, Norway and Canada.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 PM

159 posts, read 407,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What are some national flags outside of the US flag, do you see quite a bit in your area? I ask this because I noticed quite a few Irish national flags hanging outside of homes in parts of the area I live in. You also see quite a few Italian national flags and occasionally the flag for the Haudenosaunee(aka the Iroquois). You will also see some Canadian Flags too.
I live in SC. I see a lot of Mexican flags.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Seeing a LOT of Polish flags today, unfortunately.

Not a good weekend for Poland.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM

141 posts, read 284,895 times
Canadian , Finnish, Norwegian flags in N. Minnesota

Old 08-26-2023, 03:05 PM

93,334 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
What are some national flags outside of the US flag, do you see quite a bit in your area? I ask this because I noticed quite a few Irish national flags hanging outside of homes in parts of the area I live in. You also see quite a few Italian national flags and occasionally the flag for the Haudenosaunee(aka the Iroquois). You will also see some Canadian Flags too.
Quote:
Forgot about this one too...Polish and Vietnamese at times too.
Have to add Ukrainian(even before the current conflict); with some Caribbean flags(Jamaican, Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados) and Greek, among some others.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:52 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Since the Russian invasion, Ukrainian flags have been popping up in my corner of NYC. But the flags you see in storefronts and restaurants, and on cars, are still mainly from the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, with a sprinkling of everything else—often flags that rise in conjunction with a specific occasion or holiday.

Old 08-27-2023, 12:24 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
I'm in Louisiana and its very rare to see foreign flags here at all, especially outside of a foreign restaurant (like how a Mexican restaurant might have a Mexican flag.) Rarely I've seen Italian, Irish, and Mexican flags. I don't live in Acadiana but when people of Cajun French descent want to show pride in their heritage they fly the Acadian flag and the fleur-de-lis, not the French national flag which wasn't adopted until a long time after the Cajuns' ancestors settled in Louisiana. People also fly the Confederate flag in Louisiana to show pride in their heritage and their regional Southern pride as well. I've also seen the Ukrainian flag ocassionally to show support for Ukraine in the face of the Russian invasion, and I've seen Christians and churches fly the Israeli flag to show support for Israel.

Old 08-27-2023, 12:24 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,002,937 times
Lot of Cascadia flags in the Seattle area.

https://cascadiaunderground.org/casc...dia-doug-flag/

As for national... I've seen a few Irish and UK flags, couple Italian ones. Then Swedish / Danish / Norwegian can be found mainly in the Ballard neighborhood.

Old 08-27-2023, 05:26 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
I rarely ever see flags of Asian countries. Wonder why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.