Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 07:36 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I think it would be a fitting end to his career if he came back and coached WVU for a few seasons.
College football is heading towards some monumental changes in the next few years.

When, not if, the top ~35-40 programs break away from the NCAA into a new autonomously regulated body, Saban would be a good candidate for the first Commissioner of college football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2024, 09:05 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
I was happy to see him go. His excessive whining and oblivious hypocrisy over recruiting became too much for for me.

Old 01-13-2024, 09:07 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
College football is heading towards some monumental changes in the next few years.

When, not if, the top ~35-40 programs break away from the NCAA into a new autonomously regulated body, Saban would be a good candidate for the first Commissioner of college football.
You're right. And soon enough it won't be college football anymore. It will be semi-pro football for 18 to 22 year olds. The athletes will form unions and there is no point in being a "student" anymore.

Gone will be the good old days.

Old 01-13-2024, 11:28 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
It’s now Official. Been reported on Rolltide.com. Kalen DeBoer is the new HC of Alabama Football.
I can't say I'm really surprised, although it came sooner than I expected. He'd moved around so much that I never felt like he would be sticking around at UW. The UW team is probably in for a semi-rebuild next year and is transitioning to the Big-10, so it is going to be a more challenging season for the coach. I guess he saw his opening and he took it. All I add is that DeBoer exceeded every expectation at UW, although I was never really happy about the defense. (UW has traditionally been a defensive team.) Good luck to Coach DeBoer; it could be good, or it could be very rough, depending on whether the fans take to him or not.

Old 01-13-2024, 12:37 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I can't say I'm really surprised, although it came sooner than I expected. He'd moved around so much that I never felt like he would be sticking around at UW. The UW team is probably in for a semi-rebuild next year and is transitioning to the Big-10, so it is going to be a more challenging season for the coach. I guess he saw his opening and he took it. All I add is that DeBoer exceeded every expectation at UW, although I was never really happy about the defense. (UW has traditionally been a defensive team.) Good luck to Coach DeBoer; it could be good, or it could be very rough, depending on whether the fans take to him or not.
True. Will Rogers, who transferred there a few weeks ago, just dipped back into the portal. Now they don't have a QB. And several other UW players have entered the portal.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...hington-pledge

Old 01-13-2024, 05:43 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
If UW can elevate OC Ryan Grubb it'll go a lot easier. Maybe even get some transfers to stick. The passing game wouldn't have as much star power but the team could still be really good.

Otherwise, hopefully the new guy can bring his own transfers.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:44 AM

2,604 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Kalen Deboer going from Seattle to Tuscaloosa.

Would be an interesting City vs City thread topic

Old 01-14-2024, 11:09 AM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Kalen Deboer going from Seattle to Tuscaloosa.

Would be an interesting City vs City thread topic
I grew up in Alabama - Tuscaloosa would be one of the last places in the U.S. I would choose to live.

Old 01-14-2024, 06:26 PM

2,604 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I grew up in Alabama - Tuscaloosa would be one of the last places in the U.S. I would choose to live.
If I were getting paid as much as Saban or Deboer, I would suck it up.

Old 01-14-2024, 10:01 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
If I were getting paid as much as Saban or Deboer, I would suck it up.
On DeBoer's new paycheck he'll be able to fly into work on his private plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football