Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM

35 posts, read 195,248 times

Advertisements

Another thing that works really well is pumpkin...not the pie-filler, but canned pure pumpkin. Just mix a tablespoon with his dry food, and no kidding, he'll like it! There is something about the pumpkin smell that cats like. After you open the tin, you can freeze individual portions in an ice-cube tray, then once they are frozen, store in a plastic bag in the freezer. My friend's cat is long-haired, gets plugged up often ....she gives him this for a day or two, and he thinks he's getting a treat!!!
Hate to think of you sleeping of the wine and the kitty-poo in your shower(heehee)!!!

gracemycat
(Linda)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,385 times
Ok, after LMAO and sending a link of this to my sisters, I have to tell you that I had the same problem with my cat Madison. The vet put her on a daily perscription of laxitive and the ocasional enema as well. We went broke paying for the vet to do the enema. It never occured that we could do it ourselves. Madison's problem was that there was some nerve problem that reduced the intestinal tract to move the poop out. It sounds like you need a partner in crime to hold kitty while enema is administered or perhaps a small carrier where she can't turn around and kind of sneak in the back door. Best of luck for your next endevor : )

Old 08-09-2007, 06:34 PM

417 posts, read 1,281,830 times
While I am laughing at this, my indoor only cat, Sissy, is on top of the piano nibbling at my plastic wheat grass. I figure she has never seen the real thing but figures grass is grass. Then I come to the realization that I am hearing ralphing noises. Now I get to go and get some paper towels and clean up whatever it is that she deposited on the carpet. eeewwwww

I love my cats, I love my cats, I LOVE MY CATS............

Old 08-10-2007, 12:10 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,831 times
It is no fun giving a cat an enema, been there, done that. My cat has the same problem. Had to be flushed out a couple of times by the vet-gets very expensive! Was taking Laculose too. I found a food that I will swear by! He has been going regular since starting on it. It is Chicken Soup for the cat lovers soul, mature hairball formula. (found it at a pet store)If you try it, let me know. Good luck.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:23 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,545,925 times
This was the funniest post I've ever read!!! Thank you, Clawson. It sounds like an excruciating experience, but you truly have a way with words and imagery. I don't have any suggestions; looks like everyone else already covered it!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 14,092 times
Wink Cat constipation help is here

Hello,
I'm probably late on this post... Sorry. I just came across it and noticed your delema. I too have a 13 year old who gets constipated. She is on a daily dose of laxatone, lactulose, cisipride and W/D prescription cat food. She was still getting constipated about every two weeks and it was costing me 175.00 a pop! I was getting frustrated at my vet and spending LOTS of money, I mean over the years... Thousands on x-ray of her colon and everything. He had me try home enemas with mineral oil, baby suppositories, even ivory soap enemas and nothing worked. Finally he gave me two enemas to take home and give her myself. I got the enema type called
Pet-Ema (Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate 125 mg, 6ml) or DSS for short. There is another one that is 250mg but that is for cats and dogs. I stick to the smaller 125mg to be safe. The vet charged me 14 dollars each but I found them on VetDepot.com for 2.92 each... I didn't need a prescription. I ordered them and they are exactly the same as the vet gave me. It's the only thing that works for my cat and I am saving TONS of money. And it's a lot cleaner then mineral oil. She poops in like 15 min. Good luck!

Old 08-23-2007, 06:47 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,471 times
I think this is really funny! I must say you all are way more dedicated then me. I wouldn't be able to do it.
I'll stick w/ my thrower-upper over giving an enema.
We do use laser pens to excercise the cat. It's kinda fun.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 AM

16 posts, read 62,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayannekitty View Post
Hello,
She is on a daily dose of laxatone, lactulose, cisipride and W/D prescription cat food.
An enema for a cat? Very funny!

Does anyone know if cisipride works?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:03 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,420 times
Wow, now this thread is quite an education! An enema for my cats. You just never know huh?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:58 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times
start putting some unflavored metamucil/fibre powder (or miralax) into his drinking water or wet food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats