Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,046 times

Advertisements

My 10yr old cat was throwing up foam. I took him to the vet, they did x-rays, and blood work. They said it was the beginning stage of feline cancer. But there was another homone test given that showed the cat's body was trying to heal itself naturally and faster than the growth of the illness. I had hope!

The vet prescribed Laxatone and Prozac. I did not give my cat prozac because he didn't need it. The vomiting slowed down, but he still throws up occasionally.

I figured, if the vets are willing to prescribe "human" medications like prozac, then let me experiment with my cat. I'm 55yrs old and my wholistic doctor recommended that I take enzyme vitamins before meals to help with digestion. I decided to give it to my cat. I crushed up a tablet, sprinkled a little enzyme dust on the dry food.
Good news! He did not throw up last night. I will continue this daily to see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 910 times
My cat is 3yrs old.. She is not eating or drinking anything in 2days and I noticed she's not going to the bathroom at all either... please help

Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momar View Post
My cat is 3yrs old.. She is not eating or drinking anything in 2days and I noticed she's not going to the bathroom at all either... please help
Please get her to a vet ! give her water with a sterile syringe until you can get her there.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:39 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
When you have a sick cat as you're describing, take it to the vet ASAP. Most people on here mean well but they haven't examined your pet and can't prescribe medication if needed.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:05 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,914,949 times
Another one for vet asap. Poor cat.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Quote:
Your cat needs to see a vet asap. If cost is an issue, try to find a rescue or humane society for help. Cats cannot go very long without food & water, and yours has already gone to long. Please don't wait to get her help.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:

Hope she is doing better ... please give us an update after you see the vet. We all care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats