Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 10:43 AM

711 posts, read 293,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Looks like Iran just directly involved itself and launched drone attacks on Isreal.
I predicted an Iran drone swarm attack in a thread in the P&C forum that was since deleted. Everyone was predicting WWIII/"the sky if falling"...
All the drones where shot down and Iran said that was it over. I guess they could then tell there citizens that they got revenge on "The Great Satan" but frankly and fortunately, their military response was lame. Iran can go back to it's proxy attacks, they are much better at manipulating teenage Palestinians in suicide attacks against Israel than conventional attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 10:46 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
I predicted an Iran drone swarm attack in a thread in the P&C forum that was since deleted. Everyone was predicting WWIII/"the sky if falling"...
All the drones where shot down and Iran said that was it over. I guess they could then tell there citizens that they got revenge on "The Great Satan" but frankly and fortunately, their military response was lame. Iran can go back to it's proxy attacks, they are much better at manipulating teenage Palestinians in suicide attacks against Israel than conventional attacks.
Hopefully Israel will take this more seriously and inflict massive damage on Khamememi (sp). He and other "clerics" need to meet Allah up close and personal. And that doesn't deprive anyone of their rights since establishing relations with 72 virgins is their goal.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-14-2024 at 10:56 AM..

Old 04-14-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Hopefully Israel will take this more seriously and inflict massive damage on Khamememi (sp). He and other "clerics" need to meet Allah up close and personal. And that doesn't deprive anyone of their rights since establishing relations with 72 virgins is their goal.
Iran regime is close to collapsing. They are a paper tiger. The rest of the arab world hates them because they are Shia. You saw Jordan also shoot down Iranian drones. It's a bit of a dilemma because the people of Iran are only joined in there hatred of Jews and Israel, and that's probably the only thing keeping the regime in power. Israel can attack Iran, probably with impunity, but it might better yet just let nature take it's course and let Saudi Arabian and Jordan take them out with their own proxies. In time, those clerics will be hanging from lamposts in downtown Tehran.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Iran regime is close to collapsing. They are a paper tiger. The rest of the arab world hates them because they are Shia. You saw Jordan also shoot down Iranian drones. It's a bit of a dilemma because the people of Iran are only joined in there hatred of Jews and Israel, and that's probably the only thing keeping the regime in power. Israel can attack Iran, probably with impunity, but it might better yet just let nature take it's course and let Saudi Arabian and Jordan take them out with their own proxies. In time, those clerics will be hanging from lamposts in downtown Tehran.
Israel has been waiting since 1979. There have been a few revolts, a few glimmers of hope, but taking this course reminds me of Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. Maybe it could have in 2009 but Barack Obama and for that matter Joe Biden have a strange fascination with radical clerics. Or else why didn't those people let nature take its course and not shovel billions their way?

Old 04-14-2024, 12:41 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how things develop, but it's also clear to me here that Iran's response was meant to be more of a spectacle than to inflict any serious damage. Iran didn't fire it's most advanced weaponry (it did fire some ballistic missiles, though, in addition to the drones, which targeted specific military installations).

One thing that was clear to me when Iran targeted installations hosting U.S. troops when Trump was in office was that, contrary to what some believed, Iran has sophisticated targeted weapons capability.

Hopefully this doesn't escalate beyond what has been. While Iran ultimately cannot win a fight against Israel, it can inflict serious damage and the world would be worse off due to impact on trade, oil prices, etc.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It'll be interesting to see how things develop, but it's also clear to me here that Iran's response was meant to be more of a spectacle than to inflict any serious damage. Iran didn't fire it's most advanced weaponry (it did fire some ballistic missiles, though, in addition to the drones, which targeted specific military installations).

One thing that was clear to me when Iran targeted installations hosting U.S. troops when Trump was in office was that, contrary to what some believed, Iran has sophisticated targeted weapons capability.

Hopefully this doesn't escalate beyond what has been. While Iran ultimately cannot win a fight against Israel, it can inflict serious damage and the world would be worse off due to impact on trade, oil prices, etc.
I do wonder why the drones were not launched from Syria or Lebanon, that would give the drones at least a fighting chance to reach the target. That may indicate some issues Iran has with logistics and/or operational security.
But yes it may have been just a spectacle because Iran knows that a serious response would invite a devastating response from Israel that, again, would mean the end of the Iranian regime. But really, Israel has the Iron Dome, they are 700 miles away from Iran, they have the very capable IDF, they have advanced fighters, and they have nukes. What really could Iran do?

Old 04-14-2024, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Israel has been waiting since 1979. There have been a few revolts, a few glimmers of hope, but taking this course reminds me of Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. Maybe it could have in 2009 but Barack Obama and for that matter Joe Biden have a strange fascination with radical clerics. Or else why didn't those people let nature take its course and not shovel billions their way?
The regime was very close to collapsing under Obama, and could have. Riots in the streets, protests. They just needed that extra shove - aiding the opposition, etc. Obama was under this "non-interference" mind-set, like something out of Star Trek's Federation, and the opportunity was lost. The problem with Iran could have ended then and there.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:50 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times
Quote:
The regime was very close to collapsing under Obama, and could have. Riots in the streets, protests. They just needed that extra shove - aiding the opposition, etc. Obama was under this "non-interference" mind-set, like something out of Star Trek's Federation, and the opportunity was lost. The problem with Iran could have ended then and there.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Worse than noninterference he shored them up with the "JCPOA" which I call Iran-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World