Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.02%
Israel 149 71.98%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 05:25 AM

16,203 posts, read 7,169,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I support a hard response by Israel following the barbaric savagery of two weekends ago, however. When this military response concludes ( probably months away?). Political engagement must restart and the settlement building must cease , that is indefensible and opposition to it should not be branded anti semitic etc
Had Israel been a good world citizen and engaged in honest political solutions and ceased the expansion of illegal settlements, stopped the settlers from shooting and killing the rock throwers, it would have kept its citizens safe from the savagery and also the savagery it is conducting now on the Palestinians. Branding the world as anti semite will not silence it. Truth will always stand up and speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2023, 05:34 AM

5,423 posts, read 3,637,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Had Israel been a good world citizen and engaged in honest political solutions and ceased the expansion of illegal settlements, stopped the settlers from shooting and killing the rock throwers, it would have kept its citizens safe from the savagery and also the savagery it is conducting now on the Palestinians. Branding the world as anti semite will not silence it. Truth will always stand up and speak.
I doubt that very much, Hamas's stated aim is to wipe Israel off the map so the attack of 7th October would still have happened and we would still be where we are today.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
blaming Israel, for the Hamas terrorist imperative that seeks genocide of the Jews
is the same as blaming Jews for the Nazi Holocaust, that sought genocide of the Jews

that is the stance you are taking.
It is not. The holocaust victims were innocent people and citizens and THAT was barbaric. The British colonial mindset of dividing and conquering the world produced Israel out of the suffering and misery of the dispossession and displacement of the Palastinians. That too was barbaric and yes a wound that needs healing.

As for the rest of your post, I am sorry you feel what you do. Emotions bind us to illusions, about ourselves and about the world.
I never said i wont take side. I will always take the side against the cause of injustice and suffering.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
I doubt that very much, Hamas's stated aim is to wipe Israel off the map so the attack of 7th October would still have happened and we would still be where we are today.
Hamas would have ceased to exist if history was different.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:56 AM

14,983 posts, read 9,910,990 times
Quote:
Made up wish list of woulda-coulda-shoulda.

Here's the reality... there is only two ways for peace to be achieved. All the Jews die or all the Palestinians die... and neither one if gonna happen. So this means your grand children will be facing the same dilemma we are today.

Q. How long has the Jews been the target of hate, wrath, war? A. Forever.

Many here may not be religious... but this is the holy land for Jews, Christians, Muslims, keep that in mind. Matthew 24:6-13 It says...

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 ā€œThen you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

... just sayin', for what it's worth.

Old 10-18-2023, 06:00 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,349,454 times
Quote:
well it looks like Hamas were responsible not Israel, the reports are still coming out but the recording seems to indicate that is was Hamas's fault.
Actually Israel claimed another jihadi group were responsible, not Hamas

Old 10-18-2023, 06:03 AM

779 posts, read 337,772 times
Quote:
reports are now coming out about a Hamas operative being recorded saying it was one of theirs that failed and hit the hospital.
Yup...
https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-pr...ms-hamas-lies/

It was a PIJ (Islamic Jihad) launch however, another related terrorist group in Gaza.

Old 10-18-2023, 06:05 AM

1,373 posts, read 703,207 times
Quote:
It is not. The holocaust victims were innocent people and citizens and THAT was barbaric. The British colonial mindset of dividing and conquering the world produced Israel out of the suffering and misery of the dispossession and displacement of the Palastinians. That too was barbaric and yes a wound that needs healing.

As for the rest of your post, I am sorry you feel what you do. Emotions bind us to illusions, about ourselves and about the world.
I never said i wont take side. I will always take the side against the cause of injustice and suffering.

Nothing is stopping you from volunteering your services to Hamas and the "palestinians", just walk up to the gate and they'll wave you in...I'll cover your airfare

Old 10-18-2023, 06:42 AM

12,245 posts, read 8,183,282 times
Palestinian People.

Sad what they are going through

Old 10-18-2023, 07:03 AM

18,597 posts, read 18,889,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I stand with the Jewish State.
all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World