Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You will find quality in abundance at Publix. They know how to add quality new stores.

Somehow I had a vision of Publix opening a store in Hendersonville today.

Yahhhh..... you had a fabulous April Fool's Day with that Publix "announcement" VISION you were guilty of this morning.

Matter of fact, I'm fixin' to get up a posse to give you a well-deserved whoopin' when you ride into town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 04:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yahhhh..... you had a fabulous April Fool's Day with that Publix "announcement" VISION you were guilty of this morning.

Matter of fact, I'm fixin' to get up a posse to give you a well-deserved whoopin' when you ride into town.
It is that time of year again, or in ten days, for Tweetsie Railroad to open. See if you can catch me on my horse as I ride into town.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You will find quality in abundance at Publix. They know how to add quality new stores. ...
Compared to most Ingles I wander into, yes Publix is a step up...'quality in abundance', I must disagree.
I do much of the shopping. Here in SW FL for the past 9 winters, I have been in dozens of Publix all over SW FL. They are all OK to good. None are great, or exhibit 'quality' across the board, imo.

Their new stores are 'nice', clean, new. Not sure that equals 'quality', imo...

Everyone likes their fave. Grocery stores continue to dumb down, imo. It is a result of the cost containment pressure, (low gross margins on most stuff), the reduced shelf space selection, (the vendor companies arm wrestling and out paying each other for that space), etc.

I will get off the OT topic, as the OP was talking about Costco...

Old 04-02-2014, 08:36 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,509,537 times
As the original poster go ahead and wander off COSTCO and discuss grocery stores in the area good topic. I now go 4 places to find what I want each has pluses and minuses. Trader Joes, HTeeter, Fresh Market and Ingles. Maybe I am hard to please... At least they are all on Merrimon, hit the strip and keep going till I'm back in Weaverville.
I will say TJ has the friendliest most helpful staff, Ingles the least.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
If Costco were to open in Asheville, do you think they would likely open near Airport Road?

Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
As the original poster go ahead and wander off COSTCO and discuss grocery stores in the area good topic. I now go 4 places to find what I want each has pluses and minuses. Trader Joes, HTeeter, Fresh Market and Ingles. Maybe I am hard to please... At least they are all on Merrimon, hit the strip and keep going till I'm back in Weaverville.
I will say TJ has the friendliest most helpful staff, Ingles the least.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:12 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
I like Costco for bulk items. Their merchandise is not the best but not the worst. Their customer service is excellent. I believe that they treat their employees well.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:19 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,509,537 times
It is great for bulk we still have plastic wrap and foil we bought 3 years ago. My husband used to travel for his job and could stop in at the various stores. But now Greenville is just to far for groceries. Did like some items a lot and it is the best place for tasty handouts. You could easily have lunch off their samples! The grocery store selection is so much better now than 10 years ago when we arrived in Asheville. Grateful for that fact! Wondering if anyone has a favorite item to try at a particular store? Always ready to discover a new treat. Have discovered shoppers at TJs share what's good, interesting how much interaction exists there....I love it.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:06 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
one of our soccer parents works in commercial real estate and told me, that costco purchased real estate in south Asheville/airport road.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:18 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
While all of the joints, BJ's, Sam's and Costco have their good stuff, none have 'all the good stuff' that all 3 companies tend to have on occasion...but, I would like to see a Costco, as Sam's in Asheville is, well Sam's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina