Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 AM

806 posts, read 2,342,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
That's if you go North to Port Angeles.

If you go South to Aberdeen, it's a little longer drive, but there's not only a Walmart there, there's also a Sears and a Penny's.

Many Peninsula women drive all the way to Olympia and shop at Cabela's, or Lane Bryant.

So, we may smell moldy and have sawdust in our hair, but our women are stylin' hotties.

O.K., enough about SHOPPING!!! we all moved here for the "Beauty".
I pretty much do all my shopping online. It's great! But, I'm not the type of person who needs to be buying clothing all the time anyways.

Must haves for the Pacific Northwest: (Male or Female)

*Waterproof set, jacket and pants- GREAT for off summer hikes!
(preferably camo!!!)
*Jeans
*Romeo shoes- easy slip on, great for walking in mud, uneven terrain(hiking), comfy socks
*Pull on cap and gloves
*Hoodies or zip up cotton jackets- layering is "IN" here!

*The rest is Optional, you can pretty much wear the above anywhere in the PNW!!!!

*P.S.- Sears and JCPenneys are just glorified K-Marts!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,185,715 times
I would love to hear anyones reaction of moving to Forks before visiting.... that would be an interesting journal..... I do love the area - almost worked 15 yrs ago for timber company there. Commute mind you not live.

Is it wet? Yep -- haven't seen Twilight but it is a good name for the area... that is what it is in the sky more than not... little sun. Damp mist rain most of the time.... and bone chilling wet cold. I go a couple times of year... it is beautiful .. living there uhmmm ... family live in Grayland down the coast - just flat there doesn't compare but name does ... I guess some people do live there. Affordable sure... what kind of a house do you want though? Nice mobiles....

If you like to drink a few brews in local tav - like to hike - hunt -work in woods if any jobs- and wear layers of cloths year round it is a good place to be! loved the fashion quesiton! kinda made me stare at the computer in a amazed stuper thinking of fashion in the area! I wear my same down vest that I bought 20 years ago with wool or gortex......

Old 03-17-2009, 03:43 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,674,274 times
Some would say Forks is the fashion capital of Clallam County. No wait...that would actually be Port Angeles. There is a JC Penney down the road in Sequim. Road trip!

Old 03-17-2009, 04:45 PM

52 posts, read 349,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
I would love to hear anyones reaction of moving to Forks before visiting.... that would be an interesting journal...
Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton wrote of London in 1830. Easily could have been Forks.

Quote:
It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents, except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets [...], rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,185,715 times
Wow I am amazed at the whole Forks idea! Yes it is a beautiful place ... hunted fished rode horses worked some go every year but coming across country to move!

Saw on local station how this Twilight book series and movie is affecting Forks - Good for the town -
Geezzzzz are you kidding people are coming all over the world and US for Forks! I am baffeled guess I will have to read the book or something.

Evening magazine said there are tours around the town for this book/movie - paid tours. R U kidding! to drive around Forks and take to harbor in La Push! and another three movies on the way!!! shaking my head ... Wow ...I am still baffled. gonna watch this to see what happens....

Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 18,865 times
Don't move there. Bad choice. Plus the movie wasn't even filmed there. Please leave the town for the locals. All everyone is doing is driving up the prices and causing folks who have lived there for generations to get priced out. Come for a visit, stay in a hotel, buy your gasoline, tip your waitress well. Then do everyone a favor and return to your home wherever that may be.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 AM

19 posts, read 108,841 times
Default Welcome Not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodland_water View Post
Don't move there. Bad choice. Plus the movie wasn't even filmed there. Please leave the town for the locals. All everyone is doing is driving up the prices and causing folks who have lived there for generations to get priced out. Come for a visit, stay in a hotel, buy your gasoline, tip your waitress well. Then do everyone a favor and return to your home wherever that may be.
Gesss Take the Welcome mat, and throw it in the fire Sorry my friend I comming up there I will be there in June to stay! Look for the Dodge truck with Gray Buck Stop bumpers, and a hood that needs a paint job. I would love to meet you lol. Oh bye the way you should let the Board Patrol do there jobs up there too so you won't have Illegal aliens, taking up the local jobs,and filling up the local schools with there kids and your taxes footing the bill. I read all the local news papers up on the Olympic Peninsula, and I saw how the locals up there wined, cryed because the boarder petrol has been searching bus's ..lol there doing there Jobs!
I have nothing against the mexican people, just the ones that don't have there paper's, they are invading our country, and should be turned over to the US Marshels and deported. Yes I sapport the Boarder Patrol. Ratski

Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 AM

4 posts, read 18,755 times
Forks is boring as @#$! i drivin threw there and i almost missed it cause i blenked
and i dont think they have a fashion over there its a lot of lumberjacks

Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 AM

4 posts, read 18,755 times
why do you want to go there in the first place

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,840,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyyoboy View Post
Forks is boring as @#$!...i dont think they have a fashion over there its a lot of lumberjacks
So who says lumberjacks can't be fashionable?

"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night. I work all day.
I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars.

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra...."

That was extracted from a song written in 1969 by Monty Python, and it's as true today as it was back then.

I know this for a fact because I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington