Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM

216 posts, read 1,007,742 times

Advertisements

hmmmm...South Tri-Cities area is very nice, as well as western tri-cities, but more suburban (tract housing is everywhere!) look in most new areas. Definitely not Eastern Tri Cities and Central Richland is left over from WWII. Along Columbia River, very nice mansions. Walla Walla (nearby) better cultural feel, but older, more dumpy, from what i've seen. Some of Yakima isn't looking too good, although headed toward White Pass/Naches, very nice area. Most of the nearby small town's have the old ghetto look.
This is Eastern Washington by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 09:07 AM

176 posts, read 930,410 times
Obviously anyone who's never been to Washington doesn't realize how DIFFERENT the two sides are! I'm one of those who believe the state should be divided in to two- and I would have moved to the Eastern side!
It's definetely hard to give out your opininion on cities if you don't know what the person inquiring is looking for. In my opinion, Seattle is ghetto, and Port Angeles is beautiful! But that's because I'm more into the outdoors, nice, down-to-earth people, and smaller cities. So I guess the whole "ghetto" thing depends on who you talk to!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:00 PM

49 posts, read 247,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebeans View Post
If you're interested in the Olympic Peninsula, the only place that's not ghetto is Sequim. The rest of it is absolutely beautiful, but very ghetto. =/
How is the Olympic Peninsula ghetto? jw?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:16 AM

559 posts, read 2,117,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydatauser View Post
How is the Olympic Peninsula ghetto? jw?
Good question; I don't think it is at all..

Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 17,503 times
Default Is anyone familiar with Yelm?

Air Quality
Crime
Drugs
Jobs

Single elderly lady looking to relocate. Would like small friendly community with artistic flair.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:15 AM

424 posts, read 2,699,871 times
I don't live in WA yet.....

But I've done a lot of research on the Yelm area and still may retire in Eatonville. I found Yelm to be very nice. It was clean, but it is getting to be a popular place to build and there are lots of new homes going in. The area is rather conservative due to the high number of military living in the area (the army base is next to Yelm). The town has most of the services you might need and they have a good public bus system. If you can't find what you need in Yelm, Olympia and Lacey are close by. One of the problems I'm aware of is the traffic. There is one major road in and out so it gets really busy during rush hour. The town seemed friendly but I think Olympia would be more "artistic." Yelm seems to be more of a working family type of place but maybe a Yelm resident will add more information.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,066,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOK555 View Post
Air Quality
Crime
Drugs
Jobs

Single elderly lady looking to relocate. Would like small friendly community with artistic flair.

Hi CJOK. You might want to start your own thread. You'll probably get more answers to your questions. If you do, I could give you my opinion and some websites to look at to get you started. You also could attract somebody who actually lives there to respond because they'll see the title which they might miss on this thread.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-21-2007, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 17,294 times
Interested in the Spokane area and specifically "over 55 communities". Are there any? We are retiring soon.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 16,634 times
Smile Tacoma

basicly i am just gonna say what others say tacoma isnt good for new comers such n such
and fersure not the lakewood area
i grew up in that area so i would know. uhm but i do have to say living there then moving to a place called killeen texas in the burbs gets boring lol

Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,850,794 times
A good place to live would be where the people wear flannel shirts and jeans.

Watch out for places where the general costume is suit and tie or sandals and tie-dye.

However, if you absolutely have to live in one of the latter places, choose the sandals and tie-dye over the suit and tie place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington