Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Soo.... is it on your list as a "best" place or a "worst" place?
I consider it among the best because it combines the tranquility and friendliness of a rural area with the more permissive social attitudes of a liberal urban area. There are very few places left that have the benefits of both rural and urban areas. For the most part there are urban areas that are diverse and permissive, but crowded and gross (Seattle), or smaller areas that are quiet, but inhabited by pious, homophobic rednecks (Wenatchee). Vashon is the best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 02:13 PM

4 posts, read 3,149 times
Default And entire population has changed with Tech H1B Bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrdr View Post
Yeah, Seattle was such a great city to be in the 1970s. Now it is so much more congested and expensive. The traffic alone prevents me from wanting to move back to Seattle.
It should just be renamed as SeattChinda.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:30 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
Seattle always sucked

Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,528,127 times
[quote=stingray427;11064208]I have heard that Washington state has become too liberal like California so alot of people are leaving Washington state because of the very bad property tax situation there and moving to Idaho and other places.[/quote

A smart person can easily ascertain that both California and Washington are GROWING-- that means more people. Yes every state has people who move- and California is so big you will find many moving out but many moving in. California has a high standard of living --that means people are educated and successful in many areas. If they have a few million in savings they can get a lot more land and/or house somewhere else so why not?

In addition to doing just a modicum of research i would drop the friends from which you hear these things.

I do have the perfect place for you--- Alabama or Mississippi.

Don't by any means move to SW Washington - Pacific County especially . I find those places really attractive and friendly but not for you Stingray - some of them even voted for Obama! Gasp!

Old 01-02-2019, 08:04 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,489,373 times
We travel through parts of the Olympic Peninsula frequently. We really like Montesano. It has a beautiful courthouse and the people we met there were very friendly. Also, Port Townsend has rich Victorian era architecture and history.

Downtown Coupeville is walkable and is on the water. Ditto Anacortes.

Yakima is not on my list of great places due to crime but some people seem to like it. Tri-Cities is a jumble of freeways, almost like splattered spaghetti.

Lynden is a clean town and is surrounded by agriculture. The downtown seems to pride itself on its agricultural and Dutch Heritage. The homes nearby have nicely landscaped yards

I do like Winthrop but it is a tourist trap. Ditto Leavenworth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington