Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 07:09 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,705,824 times

Advertisements

I kind of think Trump is unique in that he was a brand even before he was President. People tend to rally behind the brand. I see lots of Trump flags and signs (and hats and bumper stickers) around locally, and not one Vivek Ramaswamy or other Republican candidate sign.

Old 12-23-2023, 07:12 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,691,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I didn't say I agreed with you.... only that I understood you, AND your intended insults. I'd go on, but I'm not in the mood. It's a holiday night. Good night to you!
Diana, I apologize if I insulted your political beliefs. That wasn't the intent. I was just explaining the problems I see in current American politics as a growing trend. We can agree to disagree on any these things which I'm fine with, really.. I don't expect others to agree who have strong beliefs in other directions. It's just a discussion. I hope you enjoy your holidays!

Derek

Old 12-23-2023, 07:20 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,090,641 times
Truce for now. Have a good Holiday Washington forum!

Old 12-23-2023, 07:53 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,691,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
I kind of think Trump is unique in that he was a brand even before he was President. People tend to rally behind the brand. I see lots of Trump flags and signs (and hats and bumper stickers) around locally, and not one Vivek Ramaswamy or other Republican candidate sign.
The closest I can remember was the celebrity status Reagan had before coming into office. He was already loved by the American people as an actor. And he remained that way even into office. To this day, for many, he represents the best Republican president. He won a landslide re-election victory gaining many votes from both sides of the aisle. I remember voting for him even though my high school economics teacher thought he was terrible. He hated 'trickle down' economics which apparently never do. haha

Derek

Old 12-24-2023, 01:34 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,979 times
Quote:
That's a good question. I'm by no means an expert on this, and just thought there's Trumpers (Republicans) and Democrats (who never want Trump), going by what I observe around me. I had no idea there were never-Trumpers on the other side.

I've not heard the term never Trumper before and was just guessing that guy (in the first post) might find some peers over at the Democratic party and give his sister some peace (and maybe find some like-minded friends).
"I've not heard the term never Trumper before ..." Seriously?

Old 12-25-2023, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
"I've not heard the term never Trumper before ..." Seriously?
Well, I've somehow managed to live a productive life without knowing that small piece of information. And now that I know, maybe I'm smarter but it hasn't substantially changed my life.

Old 12-25-2023, 05:39 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,979 times
Quote:
Well, I've somehow managed to live a productive life without knowing that small piece of information. And now that I know, maybe I'm smarter but it hasn't substantially changed my life.
It's possible you could be anti-Trump, without your knowing you're an anti-Trumper, I guess.

Old 12-26-2023, 01:42 PM

I suppose anything's possible. I assumed Democrats were not Trumpers. I'm not a Trumper and am a Democrat. So I guess Republicans can be also be against Trump, but I never met one. Everyone around here is pro-Trump.

However, I am pro my own candidate vs. being against anyone else.

Old 12-28-2023, 08:50 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,940,207 times
Why isn't Biden who hates America with all his soul not speaking up about what is happening at the border.
You should take a look at the mirror if you will vote for this scum in 2024.
Trump loves this country, Biden loves to see it destroyed.

Old 12-29-2023, 06:57 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yes, I think it's much less common now than in our nation's history with the polarized political climate we live in today in America. I'm not sure where you currently live. But I don't think WA is very different from the rest of the nation whether a state is mostly blue or red. The echo chambers abound with little original thought outside them from what I've seen. It's the social media Tweet generation rather than having rational, reason discourses with those who have opposing views. Then again, I don't normally talk politics these days because of that. If you don't agree with folks, even family, it's like you just told them their baby is ugly or favorite sports team sucks. All topics are divided down those party lines. It's just too predictable and therefore boring when original thought is absent and the outcome always the same. I may as well be talking to a robot. At least if they have artificial intelligence. Thus, they may be more objective and intellectually honest than the party drones.

Probably the most refreshing thing I've seen in recent politics is this movement within the Republican party to actually question the status quo and party line hailing Trump as their messiah who can do no wrong. While many consider it a fringe element, at least that level of free thinking is allowed to occur whereas in past, when Trump was in office, it would have been considered blasphemy and heresy to question the great one.

Derek

I'm guessing suburban Denver ? (Wheat Ridge is a Denver suburb. It's where I stay when I visit Denver)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington